cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Gear VR] Multiview is buggy in 4.14.1

motorsep
Rising Star
Finally tried multiview in UE 4.14.1 for Gear VR. Utterly disappointed 😞

Bug report for Epic is here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/537202/gear-vr-multiview-is-buggy.html
14 REPLIES 14

pekayatt
Expert Protege
We are using ES2.0, when changing to ES3.1 we got a black screen on our game. Not sure if had anything to do with the multiview...

We got around less 10-20 fps on our game (The Rabbit Hole). The actual build (launched on store) runs smooth even on a Note4...

rpalandri
Expert Protege
Hey!

ES3.1 is currently not supported for multiview, because of a conflict in the mali driver between the multiview extension and the GL_EXT_shader_io_blocks extension. The only device currently supporting both is the S7 with the Qualcomm chip (Adreno 530 GPU), only when the Nougat beta is installed. 

To be honest, right now, due to how many devices in the wild actually support it, I wouldn't plan to ship a game that needs multiview in order to work.

TheSpacebarRide
Explorer
Hi, I have a problem with UE4.14.3. For an app running on a S7 for Gear VR. My two screens generated by the stereo are not align in screen. Like the right stereo screen is half out of the phone physical screen.
I want to cook the app for ES2, and I have disabled Mobile MultiView (I mean the checkbox is unchecked). But apparently this feature is enabled by itself. In my log, line 194, 195 and 241.
Link to the log :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8o6ZlPULNxQendDNmt5Ml9PSmM

If anyone have a solution ? Or I will need to downgrade the project to make it run on 4.13 !

motorsep
Rising Star
@rpalandri
@imperativity

I am wondering if we will get a better working multiview in 4.16 (hopefully along with improved monoscopic rendering) and if not in 4.16, then when, approximately ?

Thanks

rpalandri
Expert Protege
yes for both, 4.16 will have mono and multiview working together, and multiview without blit.