cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HandSample Example Project Not Working

aweidenhammer
Protege
I downloaded the latest 4.25 version of the Oculus UE4 editor and built it (no issues).  Here's where I got it: https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/tree/oculus-4.25.0-release-1.49.0-v17.0

Included in that are some examples.  One of them is called the HandSample project.

I opened that and tried launching and building (no errors) onto the Quest.

Hands track, but only positionally (static hands with incorrect orientations).  There is no joint movement or finger tracking.  Is this how the project is supposed to run?  I would guess not, as I'd like to use it to help with our development of true hand tracking.  Any info would be much appreciated.

Andrew
13 REPLIES 13

Shaomai
Oculus Staff
@aweidenhammer, have you tried HandTrackingSample.umap or HandTrackingCustomSample.umap in the HandSample project?

MoveMusic
Protege

Hi! I have problems too with handsample. Why am I getting the following error messages? (I activated oculus plugins)
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by SCS_Node_7
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by SCS_Node_9
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by SCS_Node_8
Failed to load /Script/OculusInput.OculusHandComponent Referenced by SCS_Node_11

I also am having the error Alessia had (quoted above). I am developing on MacOS with the Unreal Editor build from the Oculus source repository.

aweidenhammer
Protege

Shaomai said:

@aweidenhammer, have you tried HandTrackingSample.umap or HandTrackingCustomSample.umap in the HandSample project?

I was using the default map that the project was specifically set up to build (HandSample.umap).  I don't want to play guessing games about what the developer intended. I did not switch maps for the build.  I did however use madturtle's suggestion and got it working in my own project, which is probably better since I know better understand how it should be set up.

My purpose in pointing this out is so that Oculus fixes their example file.

alessia_lorenzi
Honored Guest
Here I am! Problem solved. I had a bad internet connetion, the download had problems that I'd ignored. Re-downloading the git-hub version of UE4+Oculus I solved the problem.