cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Debugger (with Unreal) setup help

zenf137
Explorer

Hello, does anyone know hot to get the Debugger working with unreal projects?

I am following this guide:

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/tools/tools-oculus-debugger/

And I can't seem to figure out what they mean by UE4/Projects directory 

"2. Make sure your code project is located under the UE4/Projects directory. Blueprints-only projects are not supported."

I tried putting the project in the "user/Documents/Unreal Projects" directory and also tried adding a Projects directory to the unreal root directory.  Neither of which worked. My project does not get listed like mentioned in the guide. Did anyone manage to get it working? 

7 REPLIES 7

YannikL
Honored Guest

Hey, I'm having the same problem right now. Did you get it working by any chance?

zenf137
Explorer

I got it detected by putting the project in UnrealEngine/Samples/Oculus.  Its not the best solution but at least i got it working... Good luck!

Thanks for your answer! I think it has to do with the UE4Games.uprojectdirs file in the engine root directory. I added the "Projects" directory there and now it works fine for me, too. Just in case at some point the debugging relies on the "UE4/Projects/<ProjectName>" directory.

zenf137
Explorer

YES! Thanks, that works great. 

Just to make i clear like the documentation should:

- Open the "UE4Games.uprojectdirs" in the engine root directory and add "Projects/"

- Add the "Projects" directory in the engines root directory and copy your project there

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for posting... this seems kind of arbitrary??.... 

So I need to copy the entire project to a new Engine/Projects directory?

(The project is in its own Perforce directory and I have many different copies of Unreal  Engine source on the machine for various purposes UE5, 4.26, 4.27, etc..... Oculus/Epic)

I agree with this, there has to be a better way no? So I have to create a new workspace from my source control in this engine folder.

winning777
Protege

does this still work in 2023?