cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Guardian drops 50% performance

Virtual-Mente
Explorer
I was having several issues with my proyect in Oculus Quest, and now I found that the problem is the Guardian. When my controller touch it, and it shows, my frames drop from 70fps to 35 fps... I turned it off and now I have 70fps stables.

Anyone knows why?
6 REPLIES 6

DannyDan2468
Protege
same issue with Racket:NX. I think oculus needs to check on this issue.

Virtual-Mente
Explorer

Incredible that they have not created a Guardian system that does not affect performance.

shiltin
Honored Guest
I was looking through my code to figure out why fast headset movement was triggering huge frame drops.  I didn't see anything in the code, by chance I noticed it was when guardian was activated.  This needs to be fixed or people will set it at the lowest setting so guardian doesn't get triggered.

Soncan
Honored Guest
I'm developing a game in Unity, and I have the same problem, when the guardian system is activated, the fps drop considerably.

motorsep
Rising Star

I was having several issues with my proyect in Oculus Quest, and now I found that the problem is the Guardian. When my controller touch it, and it shows, my frames drop from 70fps to 35 fps... I turned it off and now I have 70fps stables.

Anyone knows why?

You might want to submit a bug report, for Oculus to take note and assign it to be fixed.

allan_mcintosh_
Honored Guest
Also found this issue using unreal