cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roomscale reset HMD

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to make a roomscale app for the Oculus Quest. I am using blueprints. I have a camera attached to a VROrigin (scene component).

When I hold the Oculus button on the Oculus Quest the app re-centers based on the direction of the HMD. This is a problem in roomscale since it rotates the level.

In project settings/OculusVr  disabling "recenter HMD with Controller" does not stop it.

VRNotifications (delegate-VRControllerRevcentered) is called when the button is held. I can do something after it is called, but I would really like to disable it or find a workaround so that it doesn't rotate the level or change your position.

THANKS FOR READING

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Part of the problem is that the camera and vr hands are children of the pawn. So its difficult set the parent to the transform of the child. I made placeholder actor follow my camera transform. When VR resets, I set the pawn to the position/rotation of the placeholder actor, then I reset orientation and position again. Maybe not perfect, but decent. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am considering offsetting the pawn based on camera position and rotation immediatly after the Oculus system resets the view. 

I have also heard of devs separating the camera from the pawn (or into two separate actors)

I feel like there should be an easier solution 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Part of the problem is that the camera and vr hands are children of the pawn. So its difficult set the parent to the transform of the child. I made placeholder actor follow my camera transform. When VR resets, I set the pawn to the position/rotation of the placeholder actor, then I reset orientation and position again. Maybe not perfect, but decent.