cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dedicated server crashes when vr client joins due to oculus handtracking check

RPGamer777
Honored Guest

I’m working on a VR multiplayer project that relies on dedicated servers, and whenever I connect to a dedicated server with a VR player, it crashes.

I’ve done this test with Desktop clients connecting, and there’s no issue. Also tested this on other projects and even tried using Oculus’ source build of 4.27.

The way I found that it was related to the Oculus plugin was running a debugger on a debug server build, which crashed and showed an error on the FOculusHandTracking::IsHandTrackingEnabled function.

I made the function return false early and this fixed the crash, but I’m concern of this making Quest hand tracking not work.

I was thinking that maybe there’s a solution that I’m missing.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah - linux dedicated server works fine with plugin disabled....  but it is a pain to have to make sure to enable/disable when packaging between client and server

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your dedicated server windows or Linux?  For a Linux dedicated server, I had to disable the OVRPlugin completely.  

This is a windows build. I'll probably be switching to linux soon though, if that's required for AWS(Haven't look into that too much yet). Are you able to disable it directly on the server without it effecting the client?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah - linux dedicated server works fine with plugin disabled....  but it is a pain to have to make sure to enable/disable when packaging between client and server

I'll do this. Thank you for taking the time to help. 🙂