cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rift with hydra

sendmyfile
Honored Guest
Just saw a video combining the power of rift and hydra(position tracking)

while I am patiently waiting for rift and hydra to arrive at my door, I can not wait to see what people can do with them.
also here is a link about hydra integration with UDK.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/937 ... eady-to-go

I am no programmer myself, but I would not mind any genius sharing how to achieve that 😄
5 REPLIES 5

drash
Heroic Explorer
Hydra controllers report a position where the base station is the origin (0,0,0), so as long as the base station doesn't move and you're within range of detection, a hydra controller reports an absolute position in physical space.

Given that, after you attach a controller to your head somewhere, I think all you'd have to do is remember the initial position of the controller when the game/app starts up, and then every frame simply add "current minus initial" position to your in-game head position in local space.

And, all this assumes you've already calibrated hydra movement sensitivity to get 1-1 movement.

Right?

g33kz0rd
Honored Guest
you are awesome ^_^ havent tryied it with kinect so you can use the 2 joys?

im looking forward to doing that, but i think latency its going to be a problem with the kinect since its not pretty fast compared to hydra 🙂

tbowren
Honored Guest
That is my video with my kids. I have made a simple tutorial showing how to set this up and will be releasing it soon on RoadtoVR.com.

Tony

sendmyfile
Honored Guest
"tbowren" wrote:
That is my video with my kids. I have made a simple tutorial showing how to set this up and will be releasing it soon on RoadtoVR.com.

Tony

Awesome, and your kid is equally awesome as well.

JamToday
Honored Guest
"tbowren" wrote:

Tony

Hi Tony, that was a cool vid. One of my favourites actually as i think adding the position tracking would really open a few things up. The Kinect integrations look equally compelling. Please do post up link once you get it published!

Thanks!

Alan