cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Millennium Falcon: Docking Bay 94.

DC1973
Honored Guest
Hi folks!

This is my first ever VR experience project - I only downloaded Unreal Engine 4 a month ago. I'm a full-time thriller author looking to expand my company into game design and have used this project as a platform to build development skills and learn how to create games. I've been inspired by the creations of so many developers here, especially those recreating scenes from Star Wars and Star Trek!

Please feel free to critique the work. I'll be updating it soon with animations for Han Solo and Chewbacca, as well as AI spaceships coming in to land / departing from Mos Eisley.

I'm nowhere near as accomplished as many of the developers here, but I do hope you all enjoy seeing the full-size Falcon in your Rifts! 😄

https://share.oculus.com/app/docking-bay-94

6 REPLIES 6

DC1973
Honored Guest
A few users have reported that they cannot get my Docking Bay 94 demo working on their Rifts, only on their monitors.

As this fault seems to be random, I can only assume it's something to do with individual systems as opposed to the demo itself. If I can figure out a way to improve reliability I'll post here with an update and of course update the demo itself.

Just in case it happens to you, do try and press ALT+ENTER to activate Rift mode as this is required for the demo to work.

I've encountered a similar issue with other demos where the Rift just doesn't detect them - I can hear sound but see nothing, such as with the Tatooine Experience. I understand this is something to do with AMD video cards, but it shouldn't affect this demo as my system uses an AMD card.

peterept
Protege
Thanks - great demo.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series card and I have to ALT+ENTER to set it into VR Mode.
Check out my Unity VR development blog: http://talesfromtherift.com @peterept

DC1973
Honored Guest
"peterept" wrote:
Thanks - great demo.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series card and I have to ALT+ENTER to set it into VR Mode.

Thanks Peterept, glad you enjoyed it! 😄

DC1973
Honored Guest
This experience has now been updated for those interested:

Han Solo is now animated and patrols outside the Millennium Falcon.

Aerial traffic passes overhead the bay - Shuttle Tyderium and two X-wings.

The Millennium Falcon is now 10% larger, as several viewers felt it looked a little too small.

Some general tidying of lighting and effects to enhance the experience.

Enjoy! 8-)

Murpheus77
Protege
"DC1973" wrote:
This experience has now been updated for those interested:

Han Solo is now animated and patrols outside the Millennium Falcon.

Aerial traffic passes overhead the bay - Shuttle Tyderium and two X-wings.

The Millennium Falcon is now 10% larger, as several viewers felt it looked a little too small.

Some general tidying of lighting and effects to enhance the experience.

Enjoy! 8-)

Thanks, looking forward to trying this out tonight.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sweeet!! Always wanted to wander around in Mos Esley as a kid.