cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My feedback

PanDiman
Explorer
First of all, I'm really glad that this game exists, and I hope that one day it will feature cross-platform play between Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PSVR, just like Star Trek: Bridge Crew, because this is one of those little things that made the game quite popular and let us enjoy VR a little more.

Now, about Echo Arena: 
  • I couldn't help but hit some objects in my room, even though I feel like I have enough space for the game (2 x 1.5 m / 6.6 x 4.9 ft.) This reminded me of Rec Room, where I bumped into my environment, but there's a nice feature that helps you prevent it by showing the center and the direction of your play area. I think it would be a good idea to show this under a player, and maybe even above them. 
  • The frame frequency overall was quite good, but sometimes it was lower than usual, especially in the main lobby, when you look at the center of it. I'm not completely sure if that's just my personal problem, but from that perspective I'd say that certain elements might need a better optimization. 
  • It would be nice to let the players turn left and right with both sticks. And, in case if you're going to release Echo Arena for HTC Vive as well, I suggest an optional feature to turn around by double-tapping the touchpad, because I often found myself turning around when I didn't want to. 
  • And just a tiny little suggestion that I want to tell most other VR game developers: give us an ability to make an "OK" sign by making a circle with a finger and a thumb. 
That's pretty much all that really caught my attention.
I love your game, and I hope to see it grow in the future. 
5 REPLIES 5

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I agree on using both sticks to turn--all other functions are essentially mirrored between the controllers, so I see no reason for turning to be right-only. I'd also like it if we could turn faster by using both sticks at the same time.

Instead of the OK sign, why not just use a "thumbs up"? easier and quicker to do (with Touch controllers, anyway).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

PanDiman
Explorer
Yeah, it's easier, but the more signs you can make, the more fun you can get.
You can do both in Altspace VR, and I use different signs in different situations, depending on my reaction. 

LilTrashPanda
Expert Protege
Thanks for taking the time to write up your feedback and great suggestions. Adding them to our doc and sharing with the dev team!

I'd also love the "OK" hand gesture so I could play the "Seen this?" game...  😉

Quick question about your second bullet point: What kind of hardware are you running with (graphics card, processor, amount of RAM)?

Miles40
Honored Guest
I agree with the suggestion of adding a center of room icon with a small arrow pointing towards your front sensors.  I always found myself pointing away from my sensors and the tracking was not the greatest.

PanDiman
Explorer
I'm currently using Radeon R9 290X, Intel Core i5-4590, 12 GB of RAM. 
As far as I know, that's the cheapest hardware you can get for a really good VR experience.