cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepare yourself with fresh underwear!!!! Paranormal Activity: The lost Souls is almost here!!!!

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
The eve of the release of Paranormal Activity: The lost Souls is almost here.  I can't wait to get it.  Anyone else excited to get this title.  I can't wait to have friends try it as well lol.  MARCH 14 IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmm2ggvJQ_4
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.
37 REPLIES 37

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
Ys, they used head locked Loco motion. And users aren't that happy. The developers said they will have a patch soon to add more motion options. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

Caspersight
Protege
I would agree about the locomotion, it does need to be fixed, however if you go into it with an open mind, it is so good and so creepy. I had loads of fun but it scared the crap out of me. Great news about the patch update 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Expediter said:

Applecorp said:

I don't think I'll be getting this, another game with an undesirable movement scheme. You can only move in the direction you are physically facing, no option to turn using the right stick/controller.

You might aswell play it on a 3D monitor when they do the motion like this. The whole point about VR is been able to move forward while looking around. I think they should give people both options and if you want to feel sick (some people don't) then it's your choice. The whole thing becomes a 3D monitor if you move the way you look.

TravisPNW
Adventurer
Sounds as if avoiding Steam and waiting for Oculus store release is a good idea then...
LG CX OLED 48 / i9 10900k / RTX 3090 FE / 64GB / 3x 2TB 970 Evo Plus / Oculus Quest 2 256GB

maxpare79
Trustee
I tried it and refunded until it is...better...
1st: Locomotion (waiting for the new mode) No strafing is so annoying you keep bumping into stuff
2nd: It took like 4 or 5 reload of the game to pick up the first flashlight
3rd: Once inside I can actually walk through walls...

For now it's hard to recommend this over Affected, especially at that price point...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer

maxpare79 said:

I tried it and refunded until it is...better...
1st: Locomotion (waiting for the new mode) No strafing is so annoying you keep bumping into stuff
2nd: It took like 4 or 5 reload of the game to pick up the first flashlight
3rd: Once inside I can actually walk through walls...

For now it's hard to recommend this over Affected, especially at that price point...

Someone just said that they released a new patch that now allows you to use the controller sticks to move around now.

zork2001
Heroic Explorer

We are talking about a single player adventure go at your
own pace game, not an online competitive shooter. How they want to handle the forward
movement is the least of this games problems.

Nij
Heroic Explorer
I've just requested a refund on steam aswell I'm afraid, couldn't wait to play this but it's just totally unplayble in it's current state.  I know it's early access but jeez! it's really bad and I know it will get better with updates but prob best off waiting for it to hit the store

- you wait about 2-3 minutes for it to actually load
- you can never tell when a door is actually locked as you can't even grab the handle half of the time
- The movement system! I mean come on, it may add to the immersion as you have to keep turning around but if you haven't got 4 sensors, then your gonna be screwed
- The fact I could just walk through locked doors was the killer blow and there's so many other minor bugs with picking stuff up, using the flashlight and general tracking issues which could be my setup but I doubt it as I have no issues with anything else I play

Gutted now cause I know this is going to be probably one of the most immersive and scariest games to date, soon as you start the game, the presence is totally amazing!
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit