cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skyrim VR coming April. Including Oculus Rift support.

MrKaru
Adventurer
I really hope this is a sign of cooperation between Zenimax and Oculus. I've been wanting Doom VFR and Fallout 4 VR for ages, but don't want to buy games that are explicitly trying to exclude my hardware. 
39 REPLIES 39

danknugz
Superstar
i dont understand why people get so excited for that new doom game in VR. yea i understand that the game is “hype” and “beast”. but the movement is too fast for VR and imo the forced arena style combat is utterly boring
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

vidguy_me
Explorer
Fallout 4 VR is very playable now with Open input and the beta stream.. 
Could it be better... sure.. but the first time you join the BOS and see all that Hardware "LifeSize"...
Radscorpians and DeathClaws scare the crap out of you.

Also, Weapons look very very cool.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
New doom game? Do you have a link?  Are u sure u not confused with Skyrim? Skyrim is actually perfectly paced for VR (as is fallout) and DoomVR that is out now is not a vr version of doom it's a vr made game
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

danknugz
Superstar
i was under the impression that the doom vr game is simply the millennial dubstep doom with vr tacked on.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Syrellaris
Rising Star

vidguy_me said:

Could it be better... sure.. but the first time you join the BOS and see all that Hardware "LifeSize"...

That's not really the problem for most though, the price is. Both Fallout 4 and Skyrim have been out a very long time and, other than adding VR support, they did not add anything new. 60 dollars for just that is a bit steep. Great price if you didn't own them already, but for those like me, who do own the game or Skyrim(i own both on pc and ps4) buying it again for full price is a no no 🙂

I just hope that Bethesda will add VR support to their  new games out of the box when they get released on pc and not keep doing VR versions 6-8 months later for full price.

nrosko
Superstar

vidguy_me said:

That's not really the problem for most though, the price is. Both Fallout 4 and Skyrim have been out a very long time and, other than adding VR support, they did not add anything new. 60 dollars for just that is a bit steep. Great price if you didn't own them already, but for those like me, who do own the game or Skyrim(i own both on pc and ps4) buying it again for full price is a no no 🙂

I just hope that Bethesda will add VR support to their  new games out of the box when they get released on pc and not keep doing VR versions 6-8 months later for full price.

Yes i can understand but on the other hand look at the rip off prices of most of the VR games. Many of these games that have so little content. I will get many more hours out of fallout & skyrim than any of the so called AAA made for VR games. Besides you could always just wait till price drops, it was on sale pretty quickly for fallout 4 vr after release. 
but yes 60 if you already paid for the game. personally i never bought skyrim so i don't mind at all.  

MrKaru
Adventurer

Unfortunately I think the success of pretty much ever new skyrim release will make it very likely that this is how they'll do it from now on. Why sell people a product for £40 with extra features when you know you can sell them a base product for £40 and then add one small feature and charge the same price a few months/years later. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds like playing the sims games:) can't just have the base you need all of them :D!

MrKaru
Adventurer

Mradr said:

It sounds like playing the sims games:) can't just have the base you need all of them :D!

Lets hope it never gets to that point...
zzbukn4ms1bn.png

Syrellaris
Rising Star

Mradr said:

That's what downloads are for 😉 i know.. not very ethical but damn buying all the content is expensive. (I do buy the base game and 1 or 2 expansions most of the times though lol)

nrosko said:

vidguy_me said:

Yes i can understand but on the other hand look at the rip off prices of most of the VR games. Many of these games that have so little content. I will get many more hours out of fallout & skyrim than any of the so called AAA made for VR games. Besides you could always just wait till price drops, it was on sale pretty quickly for fallout 4 vr after release. 
but yes 60 if you already paid for the game. personally i never bought skyrim so i don't mind at all.  

Oh yeah, I will just patiently wait for the price to drop. If they had sold it for 20-30 I would have bought it right away.
And yes, the content with VR games is an issue, it is why I have not bought many yet.

MrKaru said:

Unfortunately I think the success of pretty much ever new skyrim release will make it very likely that this is how they'll do it from now on. Why sell people a product for £40 with extra features when you know you can sell them a base product for £40 and then add one small feature and charge the same price a few months/years later. 

Unfortunately I think you are 100% right in that department 😞