cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suzuki Oculus Rift Himalayan Driving Experience

Keystone
Honored Guest

Arch Virtual recently partnered with Sahaj Interactive Solutions to complete a new Oculus Rift application for Suzuki, which was showcased at this year’s 12th annual Auto Expo.

“The Oculus Rift application for Suzuki was a huge success for us. Visitors to the Suzuki booth had a lot of fun driving it, and we received an overwhelming amount of very positive feedback, with lots of other companies interested in developing the same type of Rift application for their products and vehicles. We expect to see a lot of growth around virtual reality applications through this year and into the future,” said Parth Gandhi, Managing Director of Sahaj Interactive Solutions.

More information about the project can be found here:
http://archvirtual.com/2014/03/05/suzuki-showcases-oculus-rift-himalayan-driving-experience-at-inter...

7 REPLIES 7

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great stuff.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes please! Looks really slick.

Though something I am curious about...

Why does it always look like the steering wheel is jerking back in forth in every racing game? Whenever I drive in one of them (or in your video) the wheel is turned so fast it doesn't look realistic.

Keystone
Honored Guest
"nerocom" wrote:
Why does it always look like the steering wheel is jerking back in forth in every racing game?

Guilty as charged! :? We captured this video in a preliminary version of the game using arrow keys, which don't have the same graduated turning as the final version played with the G27. We just haven't had time to circle back and polish up the video.

More soon!
Cheers,
Jon

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Keystone" wrote:
"nerocom" wrote:
Why does it always look like the steering wheel is jerking back in forth in every racing game?

Guilty as charged! :? We captured this video in a preliminary version of the game using arrow keys, which don't have the same graduated turning as the final version played with the G27. We just haven't had time to circle back and polish up the video.

More soon!
Cheers,
Jon

Oh no worries, I've noticed a LOT Of racing games have this issue. Either way I'm really excited to see this, hopefully we can try it out 🙂 I have a logitech racing wheel as well.

garagebattle
Honored Guest
This game looks rad! When can the rest of us try it?

NoisySpaceBalls
Honored Guest
You are making me want to get a driving wheel just so i can try this when it comes out!

ProFlares
Honored Guest
Looks great would love to try it out!