cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWD: Saints and Sinners Brightness

Sandcracka
Adventurer
Is there a way to increase the brightness through a config file?  The brightness in game is low I would like to have it a bit higher.  I know the game was designed to be dark but in the daytime some areas are not very visible.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bitzie
Expert Protege
I used the tweaks from a reddit thread: "Walking dead saints and sinners Index/ Rift S lighting fix" The game looks SO much better now without getting too bright or colorful. The main thing is that it looks way sharper.

(I can't post links yet, so here's the main post)

I
spent a while trying to find good settings for this game to fix it
being way too dark on LCD HMD screens and since it doesn't come up
easily when searching I figure I should leave this here:

Open your file explorer and head over to here: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\TWD\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

and open Engine.ini (I suggest using Notepad++)

at the very end of it paste these lines:

[/Script/Engine.Engine]

DisplayGamma=2.9

[ConsoleVariables]

r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1

r.BloomQuality=0

r.Color.Max=0.7

r.Color.Mid=0.4

Thanks to CallMeJay360 on the steam forums.

With these settings my experience has been so much better now and the flashlight doesn't feel as useless as it did before.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Is there a way to increase the brightness through a config file?  The brightness in game is low I would like to have it a bit higher.  I know the game was designed to be dark but in the daytime some areas are not very visible.

Which hmd do you use?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer

I couldn't agree more! Why is it pitch black at noon in the city?? That being said, loving the game so far..

Off topic.. how did you decide on your username sandcracka?? I ask bc I have a very similar name on many apps. Lol

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
It does seem users of lcd hmds (Rift-S, Index, Reverb) may have brightness problems in this game - more info about a fix here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/et2zvw/walking_dead_saints_and_sinners_brightness_tweak...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Sandcracka
Adventurer

JeremyC85 said:

I couldn't agree more! Why is it pitch black at noon in the city?? That being said, loving the game so far..

Off topic.. how did you decide on your username sandcracka?? I ask bc I have a very similar name on many apps. Lol

I don't know why it's posting in your quote.  Oculus still hasn't fixed this problem?  WTF

My friends called me that when I moved to the desert.

Sandcracka
Adventurer

RuneSR2 said:

It does seem users of lcd hmds (Rift-S, Index, Reverb) may have brightness problems in this game - more info about a fix here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/et2zvw/walking_dead_saints_and_sinners_brightness_tweak...

Rift S, thanks for this I'll give it a try.

bitzie
Expert Protege
I used the tweaks from a reddit thread: "Walking dead saints and sinners Index/ Rift S lighting fix" The game looks SO much better now without getting too bright or colorful. The main thing is that it looks way sharper.

(I can't post links yet, so here's the main post)

I
spent a while trying to find good settings for this game to fix it
being way too dark on LCD HMD screens and since it doesn't come up
easily when searching I figure I should leave this here:

Open your file explorer and head over to here: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\TWD\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

and open Engine.ini (I suggest using Notepad++)

at the very end of it paste these lines:

[/Script/Engine.Engine]

DisplayGamma=2.9

[ConsoleVariables]

r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1

r.BloomQuality=0

r.Color.Max=0.7

r.Color.Mid=0.4

Thanks to CallMeJay360 on the steam forums.

With these settings my experience has been so much better now and the flashlight doesn't feel as useless as it did before.

PlatinumZer0
Honored Guest

This worked for me. Thanks for the fix!