cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could other countries be added to the JAM?

pekayatt
Level 5
Hi!

I am from Brazil, and we have a strong community here working with amazing things in VR.
My company is in fact changing it focus from Mobile Apps to just VR projects and we have a very big project with a local Museum.

I was really sad to read that Brazil is not one of the countries inside the "Territory" that can participate on the JAM. Can something like that change? What do you guys need to make it possible to work here?

I have experience with other JAMS/Challenges, and I know that regulations in Brazil are not the simplest, but I could point out someone who had similar problems and could solve them (last realsense challenge by Intel for instance).

Things apart I just wish the best for everyone on the JAM, hope this change so I could enter on it!

Cheers,
17 REPLIES 17

chesterfield
Level 2
1 more for Brazil

mei
Level 2
Greetings from Spain here, neither included in "The Territory"... why this limitation? and what's the criteria for it?

TonyVT
Level 3
I'm in Italy... bad luck here too.
Can someone tell us if our countries have just been forgotten or if we can't partecipate in any way??? Please... :cry:

imerso
Level 3
Oh please, +1 for Brazil...

mbernardes
Level 2
+1 to Portugal

mallmagician
Level 5
I would think one way to get around this is to team up with a Dev in a supported country. Maybe Oculus could clarify if team members are allowed to be overseas as long as the entrant is from a supported country?

Zhamul
Level 3
"mallmagician" wrote:
I would think one way to get around this is to team up with a Dev in a supported country. Maybe Oculus could clarify if team members are allowed to be overseas as long as the entrant is from a supported country?

I'd like to know that as well. Finland wasn't on the list, but some other Nordic countries were. I could team up with some friends across the border.

Edit: I read the rules more carefully. It seems like every person in the team needs to live on a valid territory.

Gypsy816
Level 5
Hi all! Unfortunately, if you're in a country that is not on the approved list, you won't be able to compete in the Jam. Legally, we can't have winners from unapproved countries. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Oculus Community Manager - kweh!

pekayatt
Level 5
It sucks when this happens :(.

Anyway, there will be an opening for maybe local JAMs or Challenges?

If people want to make the community even more strong one possible solution would be to point out some representative person for some regions and we could all have fun!

Thanks,