cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view the Jam winners using a Gear

benschachter
Honored Guest
The press release says that "you can also download and check out the game/experience on your Gear VR Innovator Edition by tapping its ‘Build’ link directly from your phone."

I can't find the 'Build' link anywhere??? please help
8 REPLIES 8

cybereality
Grand Champion
Go to this page: https://vrjam.challengepost.com/submissions

Click on a game. Then scroll to the bottom where it says "Try it out" and click the link.

Also, this is a duplicate topic so I deleted the other one. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SvenViking
Protege
Also note that after installing the games show up in the normal apps list, not the Oculus app.
Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux) Jungle Juice Sven Co-op

"Svenviking" wrote:
Also note that after installing the games show up in the normal apps list, not the Oculus app.

Yeah, just to explain a little more - go to the link on your phone.

Download.

Install.

Open the app on your phone - it will tell you to pop the phone in the Gear VR.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

HomerS66
Expert Protege
And you have to allow install from unknown sources in the security settings first.

branditoson
Honored Guest
Also, if you go to the blog post from your phone, there are direct 'Build" links directly below each image. Tap this from your phone directly to download and install the build. 🙂

flyingwaffle
Honored Guest
These instructions don't seem valid for the latest GearVR S6?
I downloaded directly on the phone using the "build" button. Also downloaded the apk files on a PC and can transfer anywhere on the phone?
But then what?
Where do I put the files so that they show up in the Oculus library in the GearVR?
How do you install them? (is there some way to inspect downloaded files on the phone itself?)
(sorry, but I'm a total noob when it comes to Android)

thanks!

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"flyingwaffle" wrote:
These instructions don't seem valid for the latest GearVR S6?
I downloaded directly on the phone using the "build" button. Also downloaded the apk files on a PC and can transfer anywhere on the phone?
But then what?
Where do I put the files so that they show up in the Oculus library in the GearVR?
How do you install them? (is there some way to inspect downloaded files on the phone itself?)
(sorry, but I'm a total noob when it comes to Android)

thanks!

After u downloaded or transfered the apps anywhere on your phone, best in a download folder to find them again easily. Then allow install from unknown sources in the security settings first, then find the app again via the own files explorer app, click on it and install.

Now you should find the app in your Android app drawer, click on it and insert your phone into Gear VR to play it.
But most apps were made for Note 4 and likely will not play on S6 but my guess is that still around 40-50 still work, but not sure.

CowboyRog
Protege
I am having major problems trying to view the Jam VR apk files on Gear VR using an S6 phone.
I have done the following.
Downloaded the apk file from from different sources.

Made sure that I have allowed install from unknown sources in the security settings.
I go to the file and and tap it to install. It installs and shows up in my App tab just fine.
I tap the App icon for it to start the app. I get nothing.
Also installed the build apk and same thing.
Tried 4 different apps all with the same results.
What am I doing wrong?
RC