cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RELEASE] Gorgon

Booradley
Honored Guest
We made it! Below is a link to the build we submitted. It's multiplayer but it has a lobby/room system, so you'll be able to create rooms and jump into rooms to play with each other

http://www.emeraldactivities.com/Gorgon.zip

Game Controls: (Keyboard / Mouse only)
WASD / Arrow keys - Movement
Mouse Left Click - Attack
Tab - Menu
F11 Toggle fullscreen

Oculus Rift Controls
- Decrement IPD
= Increment IPD
P Toggle prediction
[ Decrement FOV
] Increment FOV
5 Decrease neck height
6 Increase neck height
B Reset orientation

Our game takes place inside Medusa's temple. 1-4 soldiers work together trying to taker he down each round. The player playing Medusa can gaze into soldiers faces to turn them into stone. They can also use their bow and arrows to pick off the pesky soldiers who keep looking at the ground.

Soldiers will be equipped with a sword and shield. To kill Medusa they must get right up to her and land a hit. All without directly looking at her of course 😄

We're hoping it ends up as a stealthy scary game of hiding behind pillars and listening for footsteps and slithering sounds.

We'll do our best to keep updating this thread with progress as we go. It's really cool to see the awesome stuff everyone is doing for the jam 😄

Here is a video demonstrating the multiplayer part of our game. We've also got reflections in so the soldiers will be able to use the backs of their shields to look safely at Medusa. Sorry it's so dark.

Let us know what you think!
55 REPLIES 55

drash
Heroic Explorer
"Booradley" wrote:
No visitors tonight, but I'll try again tomorrow around the same time!

If I'm around at that time, I'll try to drop by! Been dying to play this one. 🙂
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

Booradley
Honored Guest
Feel free to pm me, or tweet @chaklapak and we can set up a time to play. We managed to get some 5 player games in during Cymatic Bruce's stream and it was really fun.

Great job on Titans of Space by the way, it's one of my go to demos when showing people the rift.

Booradley
Honored Guest
Ugh, I totally forgot to open up a room tonight. Hopefully nobody tried playing and wasn't able to 😞 Did anyone else start a room up and play?

Sorry about that 😞

drash
Heroic Explorer
Oh man, this slipped my mind too. 😮 I wasn't around anyway.

This is actually another great reason to look forward to the consumer Rift hitting the shelves -- more people to play with!
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

VirtualJesus
Honored Guest
Are the servers for this still up? I just found some people with Rifts and we'd like to give this a shot soon!
My Old Projects QuantaCube DK2 Owner /u/diregoat on reddit

Punkerella
Honored Guest
Hi 🙂

All you have to do is download it and then one of you starts and room for the the others to join. (If they don't see it, then have them hit the refresh on their room list.) We recommend using some kind of chat program while you play, because we didn't get that added in 😉 The game is roughly balanced for 3 or 4 soldiers vs one of you as Medusa... but we have played with two and it is still fun, just far more challenging for the soldier.

We haven't put up a new version (though we do plan to) but you can definitely give what we have a shot. Feel free to let us know what you think of it and have fun!