New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus App 1.5 Released

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
edited June 2016 in General
The 1.5 version of the Oculus app has started rolling out earlier today. You should receive the update automatically later today (if it hasn't updated already). Here are some of the additions:
  • Improvements to notifications
  • Oculus app for Rift now makes comfort rating more clear, and allows sale pricing for apps
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes
  • Improvements to performance, power and system stability
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• KeksmaniaKeksmania Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Any update on the red tint issue? 
  • TovrinTovrin Posts: 47
    edited June 2016
    Can we now dismiss the minimum spec message?  Only my CPU is lagging behind (spec wise) and that's barely.  It really has no impact on my experience.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,785 Valuable Player
    Can Oculus start releasing these updates only after I get home from work? Way more convenient for my VR fixation o:)
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,284 Valuable Player
    Any fix for the Oculus error that spams Event Viewer? Surely that must be fixed by now?
  • owlboyowlboy Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Tovrin said:
    Can we now dismiss the minimum spec message?  Only my CPU is lagging behind (spec wise) and that's barely.  It really has no impact on my experience.
    I'm in the same boat. And the original release of the system spec checker tool told me it was fine when I ran it the day it came out!
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,168 Volunteer Moderator
    I got the update but home is now a juddering mess !!!! Anyone else?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator RELEASED.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,785 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:
    I got the update but home is now a juddering mess !!!! Anyone else?
    Probably a dumb question, but did you reboot the PC after the update?
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Trying that now mate, the little ball tracker in home keeps pausing when I look left or right so hopefully a reboot will sort it ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    I had to reboot, I thought the update had killed my Rift at first because my screens went black.
    Yup a reboot sorted it and just tried the SDK tool and set to 1.3.......Wow !!! In EVE :)
    Techy11 - what Graphics card have you got?
  • delphinius81delphinius81 Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    Home Updated just fine, but I got a message (in red) saying the Oculus driver needed to be updated. I press OK, Home shuts down, and then, nothing happens. If I try to launch Home again, I get an error message that says "Your Oculus software may be updating. Please wait a minute and try again." Anyone else experience this issue? If I reboot, I the original message saying that I need to update the Oculus driver returns, but no install progress seems to ever get made.
    @lovethis a 980 sc but I really want a ti or a 1080 mate
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,160 Valuable Player
    edited June 2016
    Techy111 said:
    ...just tried the SDK tool and set to 1.3.......Wow !!! In EVE :)
    Doesn't EVE have a built-in option in the graphics settings menu to do the same thing?
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
    It does but I didn't see any change but then tried the sdk tool and it transformed and looked way better ????
    Techy111 said:
    @lovethis a 980 sc but I really want a ti or a 1080 mate
    I just ordered a Geforce 1080 because my Geforce 970 isn't managing VR very well. I hate Nvidia for charging £607 greedy gits they are.
    nalex66 said:
    Techy111 said:
    ...just tried the SDK tool and set to 1.3.......Wow !!! In EVE :)
    Doesn't EVE have a built-in option in the graphics settings menu to do the same thing?
    What setting is that?
    edited June 2016
    In the Graphics menu, there is a setting called Resolution that defaults to 100%, but you can set it higher. I figured this was the same thing as the SDK pixel density tool.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    It does 80 100 and 120 percent I believe ?
    And 135%.
  • PhilipJayFryPhilipJayFry Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Cant launch games from library after this update. My sensor is connected to usb3 which is works fine but oculus says its incompatible (headset itself says this port is ok through) and now I get error about hardware issue when trying to launch any app. It works fine if I run apps directly from exe. Is where any option to ignore this error? I can connect sensor to usb2 and get warning instead of error, but I think usb3 is better in this case.
  • PumaUK7PumaUK7 Posts: 4
    Hmmm, since this update I now keep getting "We can't find your sensor" every few minutes.

Worked perfectly before hand.

Brilliant.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If you are getting sensor or USB issues/errors, it probably means you are using an unsupported USB controller. The update is a little more strict with USB requirements, so if you run into issue you should plug the sensor into a USB 2.0 port and it should work. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    PumaUK7 said:
    Hmmm, since this update I now keep getting "We can't find your sensor" every few minutes.

Worked perfectly before hand.

Brilliant.
    I'm getting this aswell?
  • PumaUK7PumaUK7 Posts: 4
    edited June 2016
    If you are getting sensor or USB issues/errors, it probably means you are using an unsupported USB controller. The update is a little more strict with USB requirements, so if you run into issue you should plug the sensor into a USB 2.0 port and it should work. Thanks.

Nope, it's the recommended USB 3 pci card (the Fresco logic one suggested by Oculus).  Something is wrong with this update.
  • PhilipJayFryPhilipJayFry Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I can plug it in usb2 port, but it says its slow and tracking could suffer. In the mean time I have working usb3 which is detected by oculus as worse then usb2(its error vs warning) one because its controller unsupported. So is usb2 actually better then unsupported usb3?
  • ColinBColinB Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    1.6 isn't far away and then all problems mentioned will be solve-ed.
    Apart from the ones that 1.6 brings...Then 1.7 should fix those.
    Oh no !!!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    PhilipJayFry said:
    So is usb2 actually better then unsupported usb3?
    Yes, working USB 2.0 would be better than unsupported USB 3.0.
  • Dan_NieldDan_Nield Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Yeah... was building a game in Unity, and decided to update to 1.5.  Now I'm stuck in the "Check your setup" loop with the dude playing with his sensor, and the back arrow no longer works, so I can't skip.  Uninstalled every shred of oculus from my appdata, registry, and every other possible file location on my computer to do a clean install.  Still stuck in the loop.

That's what I get for using a DK2 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯