cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED - VR application closes "unexpectedly" whenever I put the headset on.

Kingsfoil
Honored Guest
It turned out that the phone required an update to the Oculus store app (even though it had only been downloaded this morning) - not that it said anything about that in the error message. All fixed and up and running now.

Hi everyone, I'm really new at this and pretty excited about getting a Gear VR with my Galaxy s7 Edge. Everything went fine with downloading software, but whenever I put the headset on I get the following error message "VR application closed unexpectedly. Remove mobile device from Gear VR , then reinsert mobile device and reopen VR application". 

I have removed the phone and reinserted it a hundred times trying to get this to work, rebooted the phone, etc.. and all I get is this message. Apparently I'm meant to be 'good to go' now, but I'm not getting anywhere. Any advice? I'm sooooo frustrated with this 😞

The last instruction doesn't seem to make any sense to me either. It says to reinsert the device and then reopen the VR application, but once I reinsert the phone I can't do anything (including reopening the VR application)!
19 REPLIES 19

cybereality
Grand Champion
Would you mind contacting Oculus Support about this issue? Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

bienor
Honored Guest
Same issue here. I also got the update this morning, but it haven't solved the problem, still getting the same error message. I tried to contact support, but support.oculus.com page is not working right now, fails with Error 500.
(On Samsung S7 Edge)

Anonymous
Not applicable
same here this sucks I think its because this is a new thing they dont have all the bugs worked out. Mine was awesome now it just says unlock phone and re insert in vr over and over ...im so bummed I was singing the praises of this vr....not so much anymore

Tweaked05
Honored Guest
I just bought this thing and I haven't even been able to use it a single time because of this error.  How do. Update the store app?

Tweaked05
Honored Guest
Never mind, I got it working.

mburke
Honored Guest
I was having the same problem but I figured it out, open the oculus app on your phone and click browse store, then it should say there's an update

bienor
Honored Guest
Uninstall and reinstall the three Oculus app on my phone solved the problem.

zurich31
Honored Guest
Same problem 😞 
Re-installing now ..
(on S6 Edge)

swb53
Honored Guest
going to the store and downloading the update solved the problem for me as well;