cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Anti fog solution

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone. I've been noticing that my lenses fog up a ton on my Gear VR, and I know many of you have the same problem. I wanted to share my knowledge as far as lens fog.

I've played paintball for quite some time now, and I sweat a ton. I always have (even when I was in shape. Lol). The answer in paintball are lenses called "thermal lenses." These are basically two lenses that are attached with a small air pocket in between. This allows the difference in air temperature to minimize between the first and second pane. This almost completely eliminates fog.

The reason I mention it is with the hopes an oculus employee may check it out. I'm not sure if there would be any distortion, as these are obviously different lenses, but it is an incredible solution, and I truly think every Oculus should be equipped with them. Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

Nij
Heroic Explorer
I had this prolem with my gear vr and my dk1/dk2, I just got an anti fog solution called pro gear (think it's used by divers for their masks) from my opticians and I just put a drop of that on each lens before playing and it totally stops them fogging up again before each session
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

JSAVR
Protege
The best anti-fogging tip I've seen so far is to use a hairdryer on your lens before using the gear VR. Don't have it too hot, just a medium heat and wave it along the front and back of the lens for just a few minutes. Then hey presto! No fogging as the lens have been mildly heated.

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
I use a drop of dish soap and gently rub it on then kind of wipe it off. Works wonders for me when I'm heavily sweating, nearly no fog and virtually free.
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?

smittah
Expert Protege
This.... for those who want a quick solution and don't need to worry about buying something that they probably already have.
https://youtu.be/NeDIYaVW8Og

Dodger77
Protege
I use an anti-fog spray that I bought and use for the visor of my motorbike helmet. I use the Spray every couple days, not everytime I use the Rift and if works out fine for me.

zenoxious1914
Explorer
I use lens cleaning wipes for glasses. Works great!

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer

smittah said:

This.... for those who want a quick solution and don't need to worry about buying something that they probably already have.
https://youtu.be/NeDIYaVW8Og

I can never tell if these are legit 1980's videos or just parodies.
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
I bought an eyelash curler after noticing my eye lashes are drawing streaks on the lenses of DK2 and Rift CV1.
Anyone else know if the anti fog techniques work with eyelash streaks as well?
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC

mbze430
Rising Star
I SCUBA, and spit always worked best when diving 😄
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe