cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Check Your Setup" CV1 External Camera "Searching Windows Update..."

Infinite
Honored Guest
Hi. I cannot install the CV1. The Oculus software is stuck in a loop on "Check Your Setup". I cannot get out of this mode to check any settings or hardware statuses. I'm certain the external tracking camera is also not installed correctly.

I can also see in Device Manager CV1 External Camera a yellow triangle with the exclamation mark. When I force Uninstal I get CV1 External Camera "Searching Windows Update..." Windows is stuck trying to get the driver. It eventually fails with No driver found. But it doesn't matter as I cannot do anything else because Oculus is stuck at "Check Your Setup" page.

Where can I download the CV1 External Camera driver?

In the past I have installed a multiple DK1's, multiple DK2's, GearVR, multiple VIVE's and VIVE Pre. The CV1 so far has been a nightmare to get working. I haven't seen many others with this bug.

What causes this "Check Your Setup" software loop. How do I get out of it? There is no back button or settings button. No icon tray to back end settings. I've I'm struggling with this as a developer, how the hell are consumers going to manage?

Why can't Windows find the driver?

I have updated Win7 to the latest patches, I've downloaded the latest Fresco USB3 drivers. I've tried USB2 and USB3. I've tried to uninstall Oculus and re-install only to be greeted once again with "Check Your Setup"

Can anyone help?

http://www.ir-ltd.net/uploads/checkyoursetup.jpg

_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net
44 REPLIES 44

Infinite
Honored Guest
In comparison the VIVE Pre was a breeze to setup and that's saying something.. Perhaps I'm just unlucky here but if I've hit these snags, consumers certainly will. I'm pretty PC savvy but this has me stumped. The Oculus software lockout "Check Your Setup" and no settings controls is a baffling design choice to me. It must be a bug? As there is no way to exit this process, either on the PC or in the RIft.

_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net

MrKaktus
Explorer
I had exactly the same issue. "Check Your Setup" step during installer was invented by some idiot, on the video it shows that I'm supposed to just move Oculus in front of the sensor. There is completly no information that I need to put it on my head (so that proximity sensor will detect that and turn on tracking sensor).

As a result I tried it several times. Finally I decided that probably my sensor is broken, I read in the internet that I could try "resetting the sensor from withing Oculus app". So I decided to Skip that step completly and just skip rest of the setup to the end, then reset sensor and try again.

Then it came out that I cant. Setup goes to the point when rest of it should be done in HMD. Of course nothing was displayed in HMD even when I was putting it on and waiting (hoping that sensor will turn on). And that's how I've stuck in Installer Limbo. Back arrow to move back by one step in the Setup is grayed out so I cannot move back. I cannot cancel. I cannot do anything.

Then I decided that I will uninstall whole damn thing and try from scratch. And now the great finale !! 
After uninstalling oculus completly, unpluging all devices, and restarting my PC several times, Oculus setup is no longer even installing !!! It Downloads 844MB and then says it cannot continue and that I should restart PC.
Infinite Limbo.

Who the hell designed this thing ?????

cybereality
Grand Champion
@MrKaktus You may have this known issue, please see here: 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/32370/unofficial-workaround-for-access-control-list-n...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and sent that to me.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

MrKaktus
Explorer
Ok, so I've used RegEdit (by the way first time since Windows 98), to came to conclusion that it's not Registry issue. I found oculussetup.log and info that Visual Studio Redistributable cannot install returning error 16??. So whole Installation fails BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE VS2015 REDISTS INSTALLED ! Thats awesome. I've uninstalled them manually and run setup again.

Oh happy me! Setup went through, and after installing it from scratch, guess where I was placed ? 
Again in Limbo loop of "Adjust Your Focus" step. 

My question is how to RESET Headset Setup ??

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you all please send me the log files from your computer? You'll just have to run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics" and send me the zip file. Thanks.

Infinite
Honored Guest
@MrKaktus It might be worth starting a another thread? Your issues sounds different.

@Cybereality: Thank you for looking into this. OculusSetup.exe should really have a "Restart setup" procedure. There is no way to go back through the setup process to double check everything was installed correctly. Or perhaps a Settings.exe? So we can at least get access to see what certain devices are doing. Which I was able to do before this "Check Your Setup" loop.

Please pass on my concerns about no low level access to Oculus about device settings, via an Icon Tray. It's very concerning. I've sent you a PM with my diagnostics file.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try these steps?

1. Stop the Oculus service (using services.msc)
2. Delete AppData\Roaming\Oculus (in C:\Users\YourName)
3. Restart the Oculus service, which should also relaunch the Oculus app

You should be prompted to sign in again and should no longer be stuck on the VR sensor setup step. However, if the sensor driver is still not installed properly, you may face other issues at this point.

Infinite
Honored Guest
Thank you very much. That's a real nasty work around but it got me back to the setup procedure.

It all points back to Windows 7 not being able to find the drivers to the sensor. Even using that driver file you sent me. I cannot get past this stage.

http://www.ir-ltd.net/uploads/sensor.jpg

Infinite
Honored Guest
If try and do a driver update, search windows etc It just gets stuck in "Searching online for software..." Eventually Failed to install drivers..
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?