cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Installer fails OVRlibrarian.exe with exit code 7

AC81787
Honored Guest

Folks, I once successfully installed the oculus home.  However, after reinstalled it for troubleshooting the software download problem, I encountered the following issue (as per the setup log)

Process C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-librarian\OVRLibrarian.exe exited with code 7 (failure).

Anybody know the cause of exit code 7 for the above ?

FYI, I uninstalled Antivirus software and cleaned the registry.  No permission issue.  Running on Windows 8.1 with latest NVidia driver.

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12

jessome
Honored Guest
@teri1337 @highfreq Did either of you have to uninstall runtime 0.8 before running the 1.3 installer? I know the installer *thinks* the old driver is gone, if we made it this far in the installer, but maybe there's something lingering?  

sologigolos
Honored Guest
Same code 7 problem on a brand new "oculus ready" Asus. Is this marked "solved" because OP re-installed Windows? Someone at Oculus can look up code 7.

Anybody find a real fix?

jessome
Honored Guest
I solved mine! I don't know what when wrong the first time I tried it, but, with the 1.3.2 installer I fully uninstalled McAfee Antivirus (including the pesky 'managed' Agent) and the installer got past error 7!