cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App 1.5 Released

cybereality
Grand Champion
The 1.5 version of the Oculus app has started rolling out earlier today. You should receive the update automatically later today (if it hasn't updated already). Here are some of the additions:
  • Improvements to notifications
  • Oculus app for Rift now makes comfort rating more clear, and allows sale pricing for apps
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes
  • Improvements to performance, power and system stability
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
109 REPLIES 109

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I had to reboot, I thought the update had killed my Rift at first because my screens went black.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yup a reboot sorted it and just tried the SDK tool and set to 1.3.......Wow !!! In EVE 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Techy11 - what Graphics card have you got?

delphinius81
Rising Star
Home Updated just fine, but I got a message (in red) saying the Oculus driver needed to be updated. I press OK, Home shuts down, and then, nothing happens. If I try to launch Home again, I get an error message that says "Your Oculus software may be updating. Please wait a minute and try again." Anyone else experience this issue? If I reboot, I the original message saying that I need to update the Oculus driver returns, but no install progress seems to ever get made.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@lovethis a 980 sc but I really want a ti or a 1080 mate
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Techy111 said:

...just tried the SDK tool and set to 1.3.......Wow !!! In EVE 🙂

Doesn't EVE have a built-in option in the graphics settings menu to do the same thing?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Techy111
MVP
MVP
It does but I didn't see any change but then tried the sdk tool and it transformed and looked way better ????

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Techy111 said:

@lovethis a 980 sc but I really want a ti or a 1080 mate

I just ordered a Geforce 1080 because my Geforce 970 isn't managing VR very well. I hate Nvidia for charging £607 greedy gits they are.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

nalex66 said:

Techy111 said:

...just tried the SDK tool and set to 1.3.......Wow !!! In EVE 🙂

Doesn't EVE have a built-in option in the graphics settings menu to do the same thing?

What setting is that?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
In the Graphics menu, there is a setting called Resolution that defaults to 100%, but you can set it higher. I figured this was the same thing as the SDK pixel density tool.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo