cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App 1.5 Released

cybereality
Grand Champion
The 1.5 version of the Oculus app has started rolling out earlier today. You should receive the update automatically later today (if it hasn't updated already). Here are some of the additions:
  • Improvements to notifications
  • Oculus app for Rift now makes comfort rating more clear, and allows sale pricing for apps
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes
  • Improvements to performance, power and system stability
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
109 REPLIES 109

Techy111
MVP
MVP
It does 80 100 and 120 percent I believe ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
And 135%.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

PhilipJayFry
Honored Guest
Cant launch games from library after this update. My sensor is connected to usb3 which is works fine but oculus says its incompatible (headset itself says this port is ok through) and now I get error about hardware issue when trying to launch any app. It works fine if I run apps directly from exe. Is where any option to ignore this error? I can connect sensor to usb2 and get warning instead of error, but I think usb3 is better in this case.

PumaUK7
Honored Guest
Hmmm, since this update I now keep getting "We can't find your sensor" every few minutes.

Worked perfectly before hand.

Brilliant.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are getting sensor or USB issues/errors, it probably means you are using an unsupported USB controller. The update is a little more strict with USB requirements, so if you run into issue you should plug the sensor into a USB 2.0 port and it should work. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

PumaUK7 said:

Hmmm, since this update I now keep getting "We can't find your sensor" every few minutes.

Worked perfectly before hand.

Brilliant.

I'm getting this aswell?

PumaUK7
Honored Guest

If you are getting sensor or USB issues/errors, it probably means you are using an unsupported USB controller. The update is a little more strict with USB requirements, so if you run into issue you should plug the sensor into a USB 2.0 port and it should work. Thanks.

Nope, it's the recommended USB 3 pci card (the Fresco logic one suggested by Oculus).  Something is wrong with this update.

PhilipJayFry
Honored Guest

I can plug it in usb2 port, but it says its slow and tracking could suffer. In the mean time I have working usb3 which is detected by oculus as worse then usb2(its error vs warning) one because its controller unsupported. So is usb2 actually better then unsupported usb3?

ColinB
Adventurer
1.6 isn't far away and then all problems mentioned will be solve-ed.
Apart from the ones that 1.6 brings...Then 1.7 should fix those.
Oh no !!!

cybereality
Grand Champion

PhilipJayFry said:
So is usb2 actually better then unsupported usb3?

Yes, working USB 2.0 would be better than unsupported USB 3.0.