cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or what you think could be even better. If you have questions about the new platform, please leave those as well. I may not be able to answer everything, but I’ll try to jump in where I can!

So… what do you think?

341 REPLIES 341

Yep, it's fairly easy to find your own threads. Simply check your own profile page.

dburne
Level 15

I wish I had a nickel for every time this forum logged me out and I had to log back in.

Just sayin...

😉

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

When I query you IP address @dburne, it comes up as likely dynamic.

We mentioned at the start of the login issues that login has to be done whenever your IP address changes, which happens for some websites, for security reasons, have you checked if yours is static or not? 

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H1 (19043.1348)

Zenbane, have you checked the number of times you have posted in the Index thread lately? You are a main bumping contributor.  I got bored, 17 times in one week 🙂

Whatever you think you are doing in there, it has the opposite affect and pushes Index thread to the top. 

I would suggest anybody who:

a. Does not have an Index

b. Does not want an index

c. Does not want to discuss the index.

Simply does not go into the Index thread. The thread is for Index discussion? Maybe I am missing a reason people are in there copiously posting and then complaining its high on the interesting post board?

@Luciferous wrote:

Zenbane, have you checked the number of times you have posted in the Index thread lately? You are a main bumping contributor.  I got bored, 17 times in one week 🙂

Whatever you think you are doing in there, it has the opposite affect and pushes Index thread to the top. 

I would suggest anybody who:

a. Does not have an Index

b. Does not want an index

c. Does not want to discuss the index.

Simply does not go into the Index thread. The thread is for Index discussion? Maybe I am missing a reason people are in there copiously posting and then complaining its high on the interesting post board?

Oh Hi again, I'm starting to lose count as to how many times you follow me from thread to thread to needlessly single me out.

I enjoy posting in the Index thread, but thanks for your concern. Also, I never complained about the Index thread, so perhaps work on reading my posts more carefully before your next attempt to single me out. Nice try though, Lucy.

Also, if you actually count the number of users posting per page in the Index thread, then the Math would instantly reveal that I am far from the main contributor; by a landslide. Granted, counting in this manner may be difficult for anyone who is only interested in singling out one person 🤣

Lastly, the rules you presented for the Index thread would likely best be served on the forum as a whole. Thus, if someone doesn't have a Quest 2 or want one, then they shouldn't post here? But granted, that's not a real rule that exists, and likely never will; so it seems silly to apply such a rule to an individual thread. Also, the OP of the thread (Techy) already informed me that as long as I remain civil and on-topic, my posts are welcome in the Index thread. Perhaps you should just unsubscribe from the thread? 

I dont know, I offer some tips on how not to get a thread you dont like off the top threads by not being a major contributor to it and thats the thanks I get. 🙂

Yes I agree 100 percent

a. You dont have a Quest 2

b. You dont want a Quest 2

c. You dont want to discuss the Quest 2 (By discuss I mean, not going into a thread posting only negative comments to be onery with no interest in balanced discussion then calling everybody liars about their experiences. That last ones a bit too specific, thats unlikely to ever happen right, scratch that one 😉 )

Then dont post in Quest 2 threads. 

@Luciferous wrote:

I dont know, I offer some tips on how not to get a thread you dont like off the top threads by not being a major contributor to it

I never said I dislike the thread, but nice try (again).

If I were to label the thing I dislike, it would be any form of misinformation. Some of the posts in the Index thread are filled with misinformation; and I have no problem being a major contributor in correcting the misinformation.

My suggestion to you would be to take your own advice: If you don't like posts by a certain poster, then stop being a major contributor to singling out that poster.

But I suppose you are now finding that things are much easier said than done? 😁

I was just replying to your post about the subject. Again I think there seems to be some basic misunderstanding of how the forum works by you. If you want a private conversation, there is the private chat. If you post on here its taken you want to discuss what you posted. Its kind of the purpose of the forum. I know you know there is a private chat as you always send me such lovely messages 🙂 but they are not just for hurling abuse un-moderated.

So when you get a reply its not singling you out, I know it can feel like that sometimes but its just someone with an alternative (factual) view on what you posted.

I'll try not to offer any more posting advice, I think I covered the main topics now. Anyway good luck in your future posting endeavours 👍 

@Luciferous wrote:

I was just replying to your post about the subject. 

The part you need to work on the most is reading what I actually say about a subject, because you seem to be struggling with that part as noted by your unusual and misdirected responses.

"So when you get a reply its not singling you out, I know it can feel like that sometimes "

I have no problem with your attempts to single me out considering the futility and self-defeating nature of your approach. I was merely observing the amusing trend of your attempts to do so.

"I'll try not to offer any more posting advice"

It's always better to be able to lead by example when giving advice; and considering your inability to avoid following me from thread to thread to single me out despite your obvious dislike of my posts, it probably doesn't server you well to give advice about how people should avoid something they don't like 😎

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Hovering...over...the...close...button.

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.