cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest build v42 release notes

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of July 11th, 2022.

Move 2.0

We’ve been listening to your suggestions to improve Move in order to make it easier to track your VR fitness progress. Last month, we began to roll out tracking and viewing your VR fitness stats on your phone. iOS users also had the option to sync with Apple Health. Today, we’re sharing a couple new improvements to Oculus Move:

• Earn Move Achievements for hitting your fitness goals. In the Move app, find the dedicated tab to track your fitness milestones, like 5000 calories burned or 100 daily goals completed, no matter what game or app you’re moving in.
  • Visualize your fitness progress compared to the previous week with Move Trends.
    • And for those interested in more fitness stats, check out your peak and average intensity (calories burned per minute).
  • If you haven’t used Move yet, learn more about Move and how it can help you track your VR fitness goals.

Messenger

While in VR, you can now see how many unread Messenger chats you have directly from the app icon.

Air Link

Air Link is moving out of the experimental settings panel and will now be available under system settings. We’ve also made the following improvements:

• We’ve added a Connection benchmarking tool to help understand and improve the quality of your wireless connection.
  • We’ve improved the UI to simplify the number of steps required to set up Link and Air Link.
  • Previously, we announced the beta release of Air Link Windows 11 compatibility. With this release, Air Link is now fully compatible with Windows 11.

Parental Supervision

We’ve added the ability for parents to enable and disable social features for any teens that they supervise. Turning on social feature supervision will prevent teens from:

• Creating and joining parties.
  • Visiting or watching VR content together in anyone's Meta Horizon Home.
  • Sending/receiving chat messages on Oculus Chat and Messenger in VR.
  • Posting on Facebook from the VR share option.

We’re also adding a new notification for when a teen ages out of a content rating.

Display Contrast

We’ve introduced a contrast slider to help improve overall visibility while in VR. This includes text, controls, backgrounds etc.

• You can adjust your display contrast from your Meta Quest headset by selecting Apps > Settings > Accessibility and then moving the slider to your desired contrast level.
Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
87 REPLIES 87

First of all wery thanks for quick answer 👍

Second, something good happend in here. Those mega spikes disappears. ODT Hud graphic are more stable. BUT, ou yeah theres a BUT. There are little stutter what i can see and feel. Those are not showing in graphics. I know im those people ho are sensitive for this kind of micro stutters and lags. 

But wery thanks for your answer, this is path for better direction. What cause the spike, i just dont know.

Tested this Airlink 200mb stand 90hz and your advise settings.

Core i7-12700KF, Asus GeForce RTX 3070 DUAL, G.Skill 32GB Trident Z RGB, Samsung 1TB 980 M.2

loSvelto
Level 3

I was able to determine what causes the stutter in my system.

Whenever an instance of the ExperTool software is running, the issue occurs.
This software is a GPU Led control/overclocking tool for Gainward Nvidia GPUs.

It doesn’t matter the GPU overclock, the issue occurs whenever this software is running, even reduced to tray.

As soon as I close the software, the video stream in my headset is perfectly smooth, no random lost frames.

MSI Z690 A DDR4 - i7 12700KF - Gainward RTX 3080 Phantom GS - 32GB DDR4 3600MHz

So you use both the Oculus Debug Tool, and the Oculus Tray Tool (downloaded separately)?

I use the tray tool to turn off ASW and also to experiment with 'per game' profiles. I just check out the debug tool after each Oculus update but at the moment it's left at it's default settings.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Yep, way to go. Just turn off all the fluff that is not absolutely essential for your games to run 🙂

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Thanks for the reply! I've never used the OTT, only the ODT, so maybe that's the step I'm missing. I noticed that setting ASW to Disabled in ODT never holds, and always goes right back to Auto upon restarting the software. 

QDOGG29
Level 2

I have a slight problem for this update, yes I can connect to it, but I lag to all hell when it connects, like it delays my movement by like 5 seconds and I do not know any more fixes, please help me.

huliqan
Level 6

Oculus HOME v.42 & 43 PTC works incorrect!!!

I can't launch HOME if usb link HMD connected and I can't connect to devices(Quest2) until I disable the network card.

But in HOME v.40.105 all works Perfect!

What was added in v.42(43)  versions that I can’t to use Link(wired) now ???

Wi-Fi always disable.I don't use airlink at all !!!

You should check the 43 PTC thread. This is the 42 public release thread.

@lensmandave  Ya, it's not really clear what @huliqan  is actually having problems with?  He said earlier that the latest v42 on Quest and Oculus desktop pc app were working fine with both Link and Air Link.  So, either he has now got the latest Quest v43 PTC and/or he has opted into the Oculus desktop pc app beta PTC (v43).

For me, with non-beta V42 on both OS, everything is working ok.  I don't think it's a good idea to opt into the Oculus desktop app PTC (currently v43) if you are still on non-beta Quest v42.  Also, I've found that if I swap around beta/non-beta on the oculus desktop app a few times I've notice some instability and then need to download the app from the support website and run a Repair.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro