cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest build v43 release notes

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of August 8th, 2022.

Meta Accounts

We’ll begin rolling out a new Meta account structure in August 2022 that gives people more flexibility and control in VR. You’ll no longer be required to log into your Meta VR devices with a Facebook account. This also means:

• We’re also evolving your Oculus profile to a new Meta Horizon profile, which you can customize as you see fit.
  • Your “Friends” will now become “Followers,” similar to Instagram’s existing model.
  • You’ll have the option to add your Facebook and/or Instagram account to the same Accounts Center as your Meta account, which unlocks connected experiences in VR.
  • We’re rolling out new controls to help you more easily manage your privacy settings.

Meta Quest Guide

We are rolling out the Meta Quest Guide. Now users can:

• Watch device and feature tutorials
  • Check out what's new in our latest Meta Quest software release notes
  • Find answers to top questions and get troubleshooting tips to fix problems

Note, this will be rolling out to users gradually over time.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
63 REPLIES 63

andythw
Level 3

After about 5 to 10 minutes the charge was up to 82%, so I thought oh good it's been fixed I must check my firmware version. Though after another 5 minutes the charge 83%. Then I left to go shopping and after a further 2 hours the charge was 84% and the charge LED was green. The firmware version is the same.

@andythw wrote:

After about 5 to 10 minutes the charge was up to 82%, so I thought oh good it's been fixed I must check my firmware version. Though after another 5 minutes the charge 83%. Then I left to go shopping and after a further 2 hours the charge was 84% and the charge LED was green. The firmware version is the same.

Maybe contact Oculus Support mate.  Updating your charging problems is not adding much value to this particular thread imho.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

I was asked for an update by Ryan but I see what you are saying. I will wait a few days then raise a support ticket if I still have the same issue.

You'll find "app sorting and filtering" under Settings > Personalization > App Library.

Got this since v41...

You've done a factory reset... right?

After that, do a complete discharge to full charge.

If not - do it!

LameDuckWarrior
Level 7

So, I find myself stuck with the crappy PTC V43.125 after resetting the headset, forgetting it doesn't roll you back and losing my spot on PTC, and now V43 is in full release and I fear I will receive no updates until v44, aproximately 5 weeks away if timelines hold.

I cannot for the life of me understand why the headset is unable to roll back to a STABLE build.

Yep, in the same situation...  not being able to roll in/out of PTC on the quest headset for situations like this is infuriating.

10900K | RTX 3090

No App Library in Personalization.

And I don't see any report of display contrast adjustment despite the fact that it has been a month since the release of v42.

BTW, I don't understand why meta doesn't allow us to upload screenshot. directly to Twitter, GoogleDrive & etc. Using smartphones is inefficient and wasteful for that.

vax4
Level 3

Bonjour ,

installation vers la v43 effectuée 👍 . Je constate un casque plus réactif , c'était déjà trés bon 😉 . Je rejoins certains sur le temps de charge mais je referrais d'autre essais 🤔 . Rien pour l'instant de mon coté , pour la mise en place de mon futur compte Méta . Je vu les guides sur les comptes , c'est clair 👌.

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

OK, I just got the non-beta v43 (43.0.0.178.120.389405224) on my Q2/rtx3090.  All seems to work fine.  I did need to pair again for Air Link but it seems to be working fine.  I cannot honestly tell any differences so far compared to v42.  None of the new features (some promised back in v41) have bee rolled out to me yet.

My Oculus Desktop pc app is still on non-beta v42 (42.0.0.136.285) and after a couple of restarts is still seems happy to remain there and not auto update to v43.  No cpu-bug and same 7% cpu usage when just in the rift void home viewing the virtual desktop.  I'm tempted to try opting into the desktop pc app public test channel beta (v43) to see what happens but I'm not that crazy, lol!

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro