cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest build v44 release notes

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 15, 2022.

Advanced Creator Settings

We want to empower creators to capture and deliver high quality experiences to help connect and grow engagement from their audiences. As such, we’ve added Advanced Camera Settings that can be enabled from your Experimental Settings panel in VR. Once enabled, you’ll have access to these additional camera settings:

• Image Stabilization: Choose how much to reduce the appearance of headset movement in your videos.
    • Increasing image stabilization decreases the field of view.
  • Aspect Ratio: Choose your default format and resolution for photos and videos.
    • We heard your requests, and are happy to add that 1920x1080 or "Landscape" is now possible.
  • Frame Rate: Choose your default frame rate for videos.
    • Higher frame rates can negatively impact app performance.
  • Video Compression Quality: Choose a default bit rate for videos.
    • Higher bit rates improve video quality but also increase file size.

Parental Supervision

We continue to add features to our Parental Supervision tools for VR. Two of the newest additions include:

• Block Developer Mode: Parents can now block teens from using their headset in developer mode through Parental Supervision tools.
    • Blocking developer mode will prevent teens from installing apps on their Meta Quest that may not be available on the Meta Quest App store using a connected device or computer.
  • Note, this will be rolling out gradually.

Unlock Pattern for Apps

You can now lock multiple apps with a single PIN entry. With this update, you can also filter and lock apps based on rating categories.

• You can find this feature by selecting Settings > Security Settings > App Lock.
Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
70 REPLIES 70

Bladerah
Level 4

I am still having the problem where my settings are not matching up to what you guys are showing. Theres no experimental option related to the camera. Anyone else going through this?

How did you get the advanced video options? Factory reset? 

Me too. No camera settings anywhere 🤷🏻‍:male_sign: 

madhujeet.tomar
Level 2

App is not functioning after updating oculus version to 44041400838600000 We created an android application where user has to launch  VRActivity from normal android activity and user will play game online using CloudXR server. It was working till previous OS version of OCULUS until new update in oculus version (44041400838600000). Now if we launch the VRActivity as root activity then it is working but launching through normal activity then it is stuck or sometimes give black screen within the window itself.

Not sure if this is being looked into yet.

Choleni
Level 6

i usually play linked to PC.....since update to v44 I can't confirm follow requests neither in vr or pc app......nothing happens when I click the notification.
I need to use the mobile app or unlinked Quest.
Is that a bug or on purpose?

The APKPure app store also become non-functional after the update and I had to uninstall it from two different headsets because it kept trying to open over other apps and only showed a blank screen. I'm wondering how much of the multitasking with 2D apps this update has broken.

CharlieLima
Level 2

Quest 2 updated to v44 and having stuttering every 60ish seconds via AirLink playing Red Matter 2 - When I was on v43 it was butter smooth.

jermx.2022
Level 3

Hopefully this update fixes the pairing issue with phones and being stuck on the pairing screen 🤦🏾‍:male_sign:

Same issue! its just stuck floating as if im standing up can't move it anymore except to left and right.