cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.39 Megathread

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.39 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
198 REPLIES 198

Decree17
Level 3

I've been talking with support and received a similar request from them @rodrigo.negri.83.

There's issues with refresh rates and black screening with v39.

Anyone else having refresh rate problems?

After v39, my device can no longer adjust the refresh rate. It's hard locked at 72 hz. It's not related to link or airlink because I'm having the issue with Virtual Desktop being unable to adjust my device's refresh rate. I'm unable to adjust the refresh rate with apps on the device itself. I can't even lower it to 60 hz. I'm also getting two strange black screens during the install process.

1st Black screen: Occurs always at the start of the installation process when you first hear the music. The new Oculus logo blinks for a second and then it goes to a black screen. To fix or get passed it, you can take the headset off and put it back on.

2nd Black Screen: Occurs after the 10 second countdown to restart in the install process. The new Oculus logo blinks for a second and then goes to a black screen. I then see three dots on my screen not advancing in the process, darkened, not moving. To fix again or get passed it, I'll take the headset off and put it back on.

The locked 72Hz and the black screen issues are same for me. I'm patiently waiting to receive the rolled out public v39 release to see if they fix those issues. Good luck on the PTC branch.

Support seems to think it's perhaps related to an issue with link/air link or windows. I've had to explain to them I'm having the issue with on-device applications not being able to adjust refresh rate.

I take it you're still missing the 120 hz in experimental settings?

Yes, still missing 120Hz in experimental.

It's like all the variable refresh rate options have been removed and device only reports capable of 72Hz. Doesn't matter whether it's in native quest apps or PCVR stuff.

Just blind hoping that it gets fixed because not getting much communication from Oculus on this, and it looks like support is out of the loop too.

tndm2
Level 3

Updated one headset, won’t recognize update on newer headset yet. The secondary account user of Puzzling Places (on updated headset) has lost all progress on all puzzles as well as the new puzzle purchases. Once the other headset updates (we keep checking but hasn’t allowed us yet), will this be fixed? 

Got same problems, the 72 hz refresh rate ruined my weekend. 

xou130
Level 2

The locked 72Hz issue is same for me, and 120Hz option is missing from experimental settings.

peti.gyuros
Level 3

After the update 120hz option gone from experimental settings and PC app is locked to 72hz with all other options gone. Support was unable to assist me. This is infuriating. I understand this is a test channel but now I cannot even revert to a different version to fix this. I enjoy testing new features even if they are rough but it absolutely is not worth it with the risk of features getting taken away without notice or reason.

Screenshot 2022-04-17 192819.png

Please fix this ASAP.

BTW, they just closed the ticket and didn't really do anything to help, they just wanted my data and info and that is it....

Here is the response:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Rodrigo,

Thank you so much for getting back to us and for letting us know that this has been resolved for you.

I will be closing this ticket, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us again in the future for any questions or concerns that you may have. We are always happy to help!

Have a wonderful week,

Jonathan

Tsc tsc tsc...]

And by resolved, He meant that I can't ever turn off the guardian and turn off the headset. I need to turn on the headset, disable the guardian use the headset and reenable the guardian to turn it off..........