cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.39 Megathread

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.39 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
198 REPLIES 198

jfeelders
Level 3

My Querst2 just received update 39.0.0.88.336.363807235 (runtime 39.00.100.369.363650567) and I'm able to disable Guardian and don't get a black screen after reboot. As a PCVR simracer strapped in my motionrig there's no need at all to use the Guardian. Happy to report that it can be turned off again.

Pitoupi
Level 4

Awesome ! But is the option experimental 120hz came back on the settings ? I still have the issue

HSSIXTY_GER
Level 4

On 25 March, I received the update to version 39.0.0.56.369 via the PTC. All my apps disappeared. This has now been fixed. I was also removed from the PTC. I now notice that I can't open multiple windows in the browser.
Has anyone who also has version 9.0.0.56.369 and was removed from the PTC already received an update to a higher version?
Nothing has happened to me for over a month now.

CONSPIR4CY
Level 4

Got a brand new oculus quest 2 updated everything to the latest v39 and there is no option for 80hz 90hz 120hz the only option there is 72hz tried link with a supported cable tried beta nothing worked. i was so excited to try vr racing now im regretting buying this.

jfeelders
Level 3

I never had the problem with the HMD being only @72Hz. My Oculus software shows all 4 frequencies. I'm on Win10. Maybe a Win11-problem?

Windows 10 here and i just bought it. This is ridiculous.

Pitoupi
Level 4

Take a look. I can't change nothing. 
Capture d’écran (1).png

Don't regret. It is a great headset but the last update is broken 

I'm on Win10 but do you know you can have the 120h frequency on your headset ? 

It just sucks that I just got it today and I can't even play because 72hz is way too low and God knows how long its going to take Them to fix this major bug since it seems like not everybody having this issue.