cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v40 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

88 Comments
sofakng
Honored Guest

Thanks -- However, I've already enabled Beta on the desktop app and restarted it but it still only shows 72 Hz.

Can you confirm the desktop app version for the PTC/beta?

GeorgeHarvas
Honored Guest

does anyine knows if the blurry ghosting image issue got fixed ? 

CONSPIR4CY
Explorer

Weird it worked with me only after i restarted the headset the option for 90hz etc all showed up. Have you checked the headset itself if it got updated correctly and on v40?

Oculus App Version 40.0.0.82.333 

Bruizerhands
Explorer

Hey guys! I found a fix for Stuck @ 72 Hz bug! Fix by force updating to v40 from Public Test Channel. I'm so happy about this, now I can start playing my Quest 2 again! https://youtu.be/NHiJa1dV3FY. Sorry about the link Oculus 

After updated to V40 on my Quest 2, when I turn off the headset tracking setting. The 3DOF mode is completely unusable. (V39 and early are work fine)

EDITED :

This issue also posted in support section, and come with the video. For more detail, you can view it on here.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Quest-2-in-V40-PTC-3-DOF-Mode-unusable-issue/td-p/961909

xPaZzy
Honored Guest

Can confirm that after following this video that also my refresh rate settings have finally returned. Do make sure to restart the oculus app on your pc to see the settings change. 

sofakng
Honored Guest

I had to restart the Oculus VR Runtime service as well but then the 120 Hz showed in the app as well as on the standalone unit.  Thanks everybody!

Issis74
Explorer

Yes, it does. Plus, it fixes the black screen on power on/restart and app sharing. Fixed it all on both my headsets.

StevenRP_
Explorer

I was really hoping the MX keyboard tracking would automatically include Logi Craft since it is an extremely similar keyboard. While it does indeed superimpose the keyboard layout, it always shifted an inch to the right.

Is there any way CRAFT will be supported in the future?

Alzugaray.28
Honored Guest

After installing the v40, I'm not able to grab or interact with things in my home environment, and when playing games like WOW or Halo Infinite , my oculus quest 2 starts lagging and getting a lot of distortion, it has a lot of bit rate lost, with V39 I was able to play all time Halo without any interference and now is impossible to play PC games when contracted to the PC.

peti.gyuros
Honored Guest

V40 on PC *and* Quest 2 fixes 72hz bug and Windows 11 performance is now stable without console window having to be open and in focus. It's not perfect as there is the occasional compositor frame drop but it finally works.

Zhoutingshuo
Explorer

When I start my quest2, I can see the blue meta sign, and the screen will display three points. After loading, the screen will be directly black or card perspective

reeespieces
Honored Guest

Quest 1 either boots into a black screen, or gives me a continuous tracking lost error since v39 PTC and now aswell in the v40 PTC. If I can get it to show anything else, everything just follows the headset when looking around or I'm spinning eternally. The controllers also will no longer connect.

reeespieces
Honored Guest

Quickly also mentioning that the controllers only disconnect when my face is inside the headset, otherwise they turn back on. (but obviously that's not a good thing because I can't even use them since I'm not wearing the headset anymore)

reeespieces
Honored Guest

As of V39 and the V40 PTC, my Oculus Quest (2019) has been completely unusable!

My device has the issues that most other people have experienced like the black screen issue and the turn on before putting on thing - but tracking refuses to turn on at all. The controllers only turn on if nothing is near the proximity sensor, otherwise they refuse to connect. The 3DOF mode that automatically turns on when the headset loses tracking also doesn't work correctly, as everything follows the headset's rotation.

I have factory reset my headset three times and let it sit for a few days without touching to try and resolve the issue to no avail (other people were suggested these things by the support team before). I also took out the controller batteries for a few hours but that also didn't help.

ItimeiOu
Honored Guest

me too... any solutions?

ItimeiOu
Honored Guest

When I start my quest2, the screen is perspective model. Then I Restore factory mode. But after upgrade which is enforcement action, I can see the blue meta sign, and the screen will display three points. After loading, the screen will be directly black. 

reeespieces
Honored Guest

You can turn it on from sleep without your head in it and it'll show something else - but it depends on what the headset feels like:

1. No Tracking Screen

2. Bad Lighting Screen

3. Home Environment

(and if you hold the power button down) 4. Power Off/Restart Screen

The issue is, it's in that perspective mode and the controllers won't connect unless you aren't wearing the headset, thus nothing really can be done except wait for an update 😞 as factory resetting won't help. I'm really tired of these updates being so broken, especially v39 and v40 PTC.

Mazda_Ron
Expert Protege

Both v39 and v40 ptc have caused application framedrops when there is controller tracking on cv1.
ruled out PC issues as link with quest 2 is fine on same ports.

i'll save the full breakdown of my troubleshooting, pc is 12700k, windows 10, rtx 3080ti, spent 2 days doing everything to no improvement, even using a spare headset with new cables, logs have been sent to support and i've kept them updated.

here's some screenshots of the cv1 and quest 2 using lost frame capture tool, with cv1 down to 2 sensors (makes no difference) and no supersampling and the quest 2 maxed out with 1.7 link resolution, 3664 encode and 500mb bitrate, proving its not gpu drivers or performance issues as headroom is very high and there isn't a single dropped frame in gameplay of same song when using link.
https://imgur.com/gallery/nysdopN

and solving the puzzle by not moving the cv1 controllers here: a single instance across the same test where i initially put the controllers down, https://imgur.com/gallery/1RN0dc4

this really needs fixing, I've not used my headsets for a while and now have app ASW under link debug options so not sure if its been present since that v38, please don't forget about us rift users!! same pc, same ports, same everything was fine, now its not.

olegseo
Honored Guest

No issues yet

Mazda_Ron
Expert Protege

@Ryanality 

there is a serious frame drop issue present on v39 and v40ptc but only when controllers are being tracked with cv1 setups, Link with quest 2 is fine, I no longer have rift s or quest 1 to test those.

I've found the fix for you after 3 days of troubleshooting, for whatever reason setting the OVRServer_x64.exe process priority to HIGH and also the game you are playing to HIGH completely fixes the issue, doing either one alone does not it has to be both.
I'm not sure why LINK is not presenting the issue, you can simply plug that in and play with no changes but I would of thought this process priority situation should of been forced in software anyway and not sure why these recent updates are showing this problem.

AngeloCarlo
Protege

So it looks like we finally got Full Room Guardians with this V40 update! You have to open your Guardian Settings and scroll all the way down. The feature says its experimental but it not located in the Experimental Features tile.

This feature lets you map out your walls, doors, windows and furniture. You also get a little graphic at the end of your setup that lets you know that you can play that little AR game that Mark Zuckerburg just showcased on the Cambria. Apparently its available to download in AppLab.  Pretty cool stuff!

It does have some glitches that I noticed though, so here there are: 

1. It has a hard time mapping out rooms that have more than 4 sides, so if you have a closet that sticks out from the wall, your gonna find it hard to map it out.  
  2. It only works accurately if you don't teleport or change your POV off of that center spot of your environment. If you mess with this in anyway, your furniture guardians will not be located where your real furniture is.
  3. If you put your device on sleep mode, the room guardian completely disappears and you have to restart to get it back. 
martin.hoglund
Explorer

ovr metrics seem to have disappeared in v40

katobest
Honored Guest

Hi, I'm using oculus quest 1

Now my quest is taking more than 4 minutes to boot and games tooks sooooo much time to load or some games never loads. pushing oculus menu button takes so much time to appear and seems the loading time "in general" is very very slow.  

I have factory reset my device about 4 times and keeps with this slow. (seems is related to loading files into memory)

Mike12306
Adventurer

I seem to still be stuttering even when moving my hands when just looking at the desktop. It's fixed just by updating the windows oculus client to v40 PTC or did you take additional steps?

nate.biddle
Honored Guest

Hi, just reposting this question here (though v39 prompted the question).  do release notes get released before the date of the release, on the date, or after it?  For instance, the 4/11 release had an android update that broke many developers' applications (as a result of the way serial numbers and the associated permissions are used); being able to get ahead of updates would be very useful, would be a better experience as a customer, and would make Meta Support's life easier in addition to everyone else's.    

Mazda_Ron
Expert Protege

See my post above, stuttering with hand movements is present for me on cv1 on both v39 and v40ptc. Found the fix.

Mike12306
Adventurer

I always have it on high priority. I'm using a quest 2. Windows 11 has been a constant issue on the quest 2. I was asking this user if it was really fixed. As in; I was wondering if after further testing, he still found it to be fixed or if he had done anything else.

Andis3D
Protege

The only problem i have so far is, it looks like Oculus is adding some color vibrance in Airlink/Link....VD looks so much better, but there i disabled that, Oculus has no button to chanche that... i don´t like it.

Please add a option to disable that!

Thanks.

barcalaci84
Honored Guest

I can't find this demo app . Can you give me a link ?

Anyway the room Guardian works for me after sleep Mode.

Banana4Bananas
Heroic Explorer

Mention of the accessibility settings menu being hidden would have been nice. I use keymapper to launch Virtual Desktop with volume keys 

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Same. Metrics tool don't work on v40.

jgarza713956
Explorer

Please fix the instructions for forgot patter? So many users locked out for forgetting their pattern. How did your instructions get past QA? You can't follow the forgot pattern instructions without having your pattern! Having to factory reset is a huge fail!

Dejvrecord
Honored Guest

Same problem with grab and interact. Missing laser from my hand. 

Dejvrecord
Honored Guest

I am not able to grasp or interact with things in my home environment. The image seems less sharp to me. But Airlink improved. I can now be connected at a fixed speed of 200.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for testing everyone and for reporting issues! Your reports have helped us solve several issues that might have otherwise gone live if not caught. Version 40 is rolling out to everyone and we're going to start sending out PTC for v41 for Quest and PC.

Mike12306
Adventurer

We've seen quite a few reports that the Oculus software has been fixed for windows 11.  I've noticed it working better myself as well (albeit off and on.) Has the team started addressing this?

BeatrizS_LFVR
Honored Guest

OVR metrics does not work anymore. Are you going to fix it for v41?