cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doom 3 vr BFG Edition

inovator
Consultant
Does anyone know if u play this game which can be bought on steam, needs any tweaking or can it be used right upon download?
5 REPLIES 5

darkeclypse
Protege
Theres a large thread on it in the game area.. look for it.

inovator
Consultant
Thanks for the link. I'd love doom vr but I'm terrible at tweaking to get things to work. I'll have to wait for a non tweaking download version or its next case for me.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Don't worry - you don't have to tweak anything at all, if by that you mean editing files. You do, however, need to set up the options in the VR GUI, in-game.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Yep, as above, all you need to do is install Doom3 the BFG edition in Steam. Download the latest installer for the VR mod from here https://github.com/KozGit/DOOM-3-BFG-VR/releases. Run the installer to set it up. Then you can just run the Doom3 VR mod from the desktop shortcut it creates. You don't even need to run Steam to play it, you still need Oculus Home running though of course.

The only tweaking you need to do is in the game to find a control scheme that is suitable for you. There's pretty much every option you could think of too, so you're sure to be able to tailor it to suit. 

Quite possibly one of the best games in VR right now. Just shows what can be done with a lot of old games and the life that could be re-injected back into them by some retrofitting for VR. Croteam have realised this and done it for Serious Sam 1st and 2nd Encounters too http://store.steampowered.com/app/552450/Serious_Sam_VR_The_First_Encounter/. Also very good. Not to mention a few sim games that now have VR support. Also on the horizon is a Half Life 2 VR mod which I am very much looking forward to. Would love to see more of this sort of thing. Just goes to show that it's really not necessary to re-invent the wheel when it comes to VR gaming. Whilst VR can and will create some entirely new gaming experiences, most of the old ones will still fit very nicely too. Wish I was a a coder, as I'd gladly do stuff like this myself.