cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo II launches October 12! (delayed from August 24)

kojack
MVP
MVP

YAY!

https://www.oculus.com/blog/lone-echo-ii-launch-date-and-price-revealed-plus-discount-for-lone-echo/

It is a Rift exclusive game, but supports Quest via Link/Airlink.

From today until the launch, Lone Echo 1 is reduced to $9.99us.

Lone Echo was a great game, I can't wait for the sequel.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
32 REPLIES 32

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Longtime waiting for this!  Def going to order it.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I may have to replay Lone Echo in anticipation. This has been may favorite VR experience to date, with the omnipresence of floating along Saturns rings as you walk over a huge Space Station. I am so excited to see what the sequel brings!

Did I mention I found all the Cube-Sats? 🙂 Just happened a few months ago. That last one really did cause me much trouble. I think there are about 35 of them - or so. 

My next mission will be to read or listen to all the Cube-Sat messages again - because I've already forgotten most of them, then I'll probably feel ready for Lone Echo 2 😀

I still remember finding the ending to Lone Echo better than any sci-fi movie I can remember - even better than Interstellar. I hope Lone Echo 2 can re-ignite some passion for PCVR, it may indeed be the one game to fight Alyx for the throne of the very best VR game ever made. 

Finally, can't wait to be with Olivia again 🤗 (I'm a married man, I guess Olivia is about as far as I can take things like being together with other women, lol). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

I've got a few unfinshed games and Lone Echo is one. I think I was waiting to move my VR to the living room to have a decent amount of space to play it properly, it's one of those games that's transformed when you can walk around a bit. Never got round to moving the PC and cameras but that's a mute point with air link, now's the time to clear the furniture and get back to it.

Yup! I recently returned to Lone Echo with my Quest 2 for the first time, and wow, it plays so much better without any cables around. You get the full "zero gravity" experience.

@Zenbane  I agree mate.  The Q2's better clarity together with the best lcd blacks I've ever seen makes it look and play wireless with my Q2 at 90-120Hz refresh rates better than my good old Rift cv1.  Sorry Rune, hard to believe but true (at least for me). lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Yessir! I just finished another session with Wraith: Afterlife. Using Air Link for some spooky PCVR on my Quest 2. The black levels are gorgeous, and did their job in scaring me proper for a solid hour as I hid from demons and ghouls lol

@Zenbane  Ya, while it's impossible to get perfect blacks with the Q2, it is far from the grey's and blotches (except for the odd compression artifacts) that some users report here and at reddit imho.  Same goes with IPD issues.  With a 69.0mm measured IPD I have no problem with the stock faceplate using the glasses spacer without seeing any black vertical boundaries.

I'm still trying to get over the first time I tried Wilson's Heart the first time with my Rift cv1 in the early stage.  It still got me as scared with my Q2, wireless with Air Link at 120Hz, lol!  Again, another example of how good the Q2 lcd panels are imho and how wireless WH is so much nicer to play sitting on my swivel chair rather than worrying about a cable.