cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photon Voice And Meta Avatars 2

olaysia
Expert Protege

I'm wondering how anyone of you have managed to resolve a conflict between how PhotonVoice and the new Meta Avatars access the microphone. 

When the PhotonVoiceNetwork is initialised it will eventually call Microphone.Start() in order to get at the microphone's input. However in doing so it creates a new audio clip which makes the audio clip that the meta avatar's LipSyncInput was dependent on no longer equal to the audio coming through the microphone. If I then call LipSyncInput.StartMicrophone() it will also eventually call Microphone.Start() which creates a new AudioClip making the audio clip that Photon's recorder was dependent on no longer equal to the audio coming through the microphone.

In short, I can either get lip syncing using my mic input OR photon using my mic input, but not both at the same time.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We see you're experiencing some issues with your microphone on the headset, which we understand can cause some concern, but don't worry, we've got your back. Let's see what we can do to get this all sorted out.

To help us assist you to the best of our abilities, please try resetting the device here also, try these steps to test your microphone here. This should resolve your issue. If you are still having problems after following those steps, please let us know so that we can look into other options for you.

sa_murat
Protege

Ideally you can pass the audio buffer from your microphone sample to here after playing it to get processed by avatar but it just crashes as the classic behaviour of the meta avatars sdk. 

OvrAvatarLipSyncContext.ProcessAudioSamples