cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email received regarding delay

Ferretfing
Protege

We know you're anxious to receive your Oculus Rift and apologize for not updating your order status sooner. We've been working through an unexpected component shortage, and unfortunately, that issue has impacted the original shipping estimates for some early customers.

We're working hard to get up-to-date ship windows, and you should expect to see your order status updated on oculus.com by Tuesday, April 12. Although many Rifts will be arriving on schedule and in line with original estimates, we'll be covering shipping and handling costs for all orders placed through today.

We're shipping rifts everyday. Don't hesitate to reach out to the Oculus support team if you have additional questions.

132 REPLIES 132

PostalGoat
Protege
Got same email

Ferretfing
Protege
I don't mind waiting 2 weeks to save £30 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
At least they're communicating, but an issue like this would be well known even before March 28th, so why are they only E-mailing people about it now?

They were probably trying to figure out how to break the news without people immediately cancelling their orders. Since we're now getting free shipping I don't mind too much, I was an April estimate and assumed it would be early april for me, but if it's gonna be the end of April I won't be too disappointed. I'm getting my tax return in a few weeks so when they bill my account the blow won't be too hard 🙂

Trytiped
Adventurer
Thats awesome to hear but I havent gotten any email what time did yours arrive?:/

Ferretfing
Protege

I would expect they would only offer the free shipping to people affected by the delay? Mine was expected in March so will be several weeks late - yours would arrive in April so "on time"- I guess you'll find out soon.

I think it's safe to say the release could & should have gone better :#

I don't waste my energy getting angry about it though - it is what it is

SOTBMP
Protege

I would expect they would only offer the free shipping to people affected by the delay?

As you post from your e-mail:
we'll be covering shipping and handling costs for all orders placed through today.

Anonymous
Not applicable
sweet 30 bucks saved, god knows what he's doing

Ferretfing
Protege

That will cost them a few quid then! 😮

@ Trytiped - I received the email at 8:11am UK time

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer

we'll be covering shipping and handling costs for all orders placed through today.

So people that will receive it in July won't have to pay the shipment, but the loyal fans who pre-ordered immediately will have to?
What BS is this?