cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@kojack - Can't you get a 5 year warranty on cards where you come from? When I pay for a Graphics card I'd be worried it was going to develop a fault if it only had 1 years warranty..

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Wow 1 year is pretty poor. Minimum length in UK for GPUs is 2 years with most offering 3+.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MowTin said:

I was able to run Robo Recall and Marvel Power United at 2.0 ss at 90 fps solid.

I tried Lone Echo @ 2.0 ss but it wasn't stable. 

Nice results, thanks! - Especially if you used MSAA x 4 and ss 2.0 in Robo Recall. Although it seems that many think that Robo Recall isn't very hardware demanding, it actually is when using ss 2.0 and starting to crank up MSAA. Using ss 2.0 and MSAA 4 I usually get 45 fps ASW, but using ss 2.0 + MSAA 2 I usually get 45 - 90 fps. And although 45 fps isn't very noticeable in that game due to teleport controls, it's easy to observe on your hand movements and when the robots are jumping etc. 
Is MPU with Ultra settling + you're forcing ss 2.0? I believe the only diff between High and Ultra is that you activate antialiasing (with almost no effect when you're using ss 2.0, so non-2080 Ti owners using ss 2.0 should probably never select Ultra, but go for High 😉

Sad about Lone Echo - one should think that that's the one game Nvidia would've checked to ensure VR compatibility, but Ready At Dawn is using their own engine, Nvidia probably have focused on UE4 and Unity, but I'm just guessing. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

LZoltowski
Champion

Wow 1 year is pretty poor. Minimum length in UK for GPUs is 2 years with most offering 3+.

Yup, all of EU is covered by the same law. 2 years. And yep, to remain competitive many manufacturers one up themselves here as a selling point. Some even offer 5 years!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Yup, all of EU is covered by the same law. 2 years. And yep, to remain competitive many manufacturers one up themselves here as a selling point. Some even offer 5 years!

I was about to say the same. Wonder if anyone knows if we'll be falling back to 1 year after.. you know... the B word happens.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

I was about to say the same. Wonder if anyone knows if we'll be falling back to 1 year after.. you know... the B word happens.

If I only got a 1 year warranty in the UK, I don't think I'd buy anything expensive again. I'd just go second hand all the time..

Yeah, like LZ says, some manufacturers have there own warranties that are longer than the EU minimum... Corsair have 3 years on their AIO coolers, or at least they did when I RMA'd mine. Think it was the same with Asus' motherboards.
I scraped in with my TomTom Runner watch which was just within its 2 year EU warranty when a firmware update knackered it. According to their T&C's everywhere outside the EU is only 1 year.

Like you say @RedRizla I'd start thinking very hard about buying something pricey if it was less than 2 years.

Star-lizard
Rising Star
https://wccftech.com/fractured-lands-nvidia-dlss-improves/amp/
NVIDIA’s performance graph showcased the RTX 2080 performing even twice as fast as the GTX 1080 in certain games with DLSS enabled. What’s your experience after testing it in Fractured Lands, with regards to performance and image quality (compared to the normal version of the game)?

Evileyes
Rising Star

https://wccftech.com/fractured-lands-nvidia-dlss-improves/amp/
NVIDIA’s performance graph showcased the RTX 2080 performing even twice as fast as the GTX 1080 in certain games with DLSS enabled. What’s your experience after testing it in Fractured Lands, with regards to performance and image quality (compared to the normal version of the game)?

Damn, that game looks fun! reminds me of "Mad Max" love those movies 😄

P.S. My RTX 2080 Ti will be here tomorrow along with my wireless adapter for my Vive Pro!!! gaming heaven is almost here!
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Looks like the rtx2080 is ahead of the 1080ti in these tests . Newer drivers helping ?

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia-rtx2080ti-tensorflow&num=1