cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you take screenshots with CV1?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys.

I've done some excessive Googling and searching of this forum but all I've found is "use Print Screen", however I believe this to only be applicable for the DK units as they are simply extended monitors.

Does anyone know if it's possible to take a 2D rendered screenshot of what's appearing on the Rift at any given moment? I'm trying to tell people at work about the Rift and how cool it is and I'd love to be able to show them screenshots of me viewing our daily video conference in Steam VR's theatre mode. Screenshots of games, etc.
14 REPLIES 14

RobHermans
Superstar

Morpheus said:

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

😛

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer, mate...I'm sure someone here does, though.

Deaconnfrost
Protege
Not sure if this is blasphemy but I have SteamVR running alongside and just use my steam "screenshot" capture key. I was using BigScreen so maybe it only worked because of that. (included an example)9a0ar1raxaov.jpg

Montol
Honored Guest
This tool can take screenshots.  😉 
https://twitter.com/lynatan/status/732964358397927425

cybereality
Grand Champion
FRAPS (or similar) apps should work.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Herteby
Honored Guest

FRAPS (or similar) apps should work.

FRAPS only captures what you can see in the desktop window, so it will be cropped and you'll only see the view of one eye. And for apps that don't show anything in the window it won't work at all.

When I googled I found stuff about a "Universal Menu" that had a bunch of options including capturing screen shots. But it seems like they've disabled it in the CV1.

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
FRAPS throws up an error if I try to use it when im rifting and no update since 2013? dunno if they ever will 😕

kazRium
Protege
I personally use Nvidia ShadowPlay to capture video, which I can then pull screenshots from if needed.  I am sure there is an easier way to do it, but I haven't had much luck outside of this.     

danknugz
Superstar
have they implemented a native screenshot function yet
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Roaster
Rising Star
You can always "Print Screen"  and capture the current view, such as ...

qhh8wrku84zh.jpg

Just a little clunky with having to take off the headset to process the image from the clipboard.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu