cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Releases on Rift and Gear VR for July 7th

VirtuaJulian
Adventurer
New releases for Rift and Gear VR are out now!

Be sure to check out CastleStorm VR, new from Zen Studios. We'll have some tips and tricks up later to help you master this new tower defense style VR game. Personally excited for this week's 360 Photo destination, featuring 15 photos from Game of Thrones locations. 

If there's a new game, app, or experience that you like and want to recommend, let us know in the comments. 

tl;dr:

Rift
Chernobyl VR
CastleStorm VR

Gear VR
CastleStorm VR
Duck Hunter VR
FlyingFowl
Star Coaster VR

360 Photo Weekly Destination
15 photos from Game of Thrones locations

CastleStorm VR
9tf523p4km24.png

Catapult yourself onto the battlefield like never before inCastleStorm VR, an exciting new take on the tower-defense action-RPG phenomenon! Pit knights, soldiers, archers and even griffins against formidable foes in full VR castle vs. castle combat. See, feel and hear every arrow, battle cry and ballista shot on the battlefield, and get medieval in a whole new way!
Developer: Zen Studios
Price: Rift: $24.99 / Gear VR: $14.99 $9.99 launch discount!

Duck Hunter VR
ycxz1z10alxa.png

Duck Hunter VR immerses you in the duck hunting experience. This fast and fun, arcade game will have you striving to bag as many birds as possible. Earn power-ups, boost your score and roast ducks in mid air! It’s a quacking good time.
Developer: Galaxy Pest Control
Platform: Gear VR

FlyingFowli6z5iax9662k.png

It's time to take to the sky and rain down some fowl fun on the unsuspecting townspeople. Why you may ask? Why not! We are birds and this is what we do!
Developer: Rouge Guardian Studios
ujo44em3vfed.png

Experience an unconventional roller coaster full of stars and dreamy atmosphere. Enjoy the combination of speed and beauty as you ride a coaster unlike any you’ve ridden before.
Developer: MOgrades
Chernobyl VR
4iz1i1hbdmga.png

Chernobyl VR Project is a unique project that uses VR, state-of-the-art 3D graphics, such as advanced 3D scans of locations and buildings, and spherical photography, to bring the devastation of Chernobyl into stark reality. Lauded by Nobel Prize winners and celebrities alike, Chernobyl VR is an intense, but important experience.
Developer: The Farm 51 Group SA
Platform: Oculus Rift

360 Photo App
afumv7uwdwhj.png

Be sure you check out the latest destination in the 360-photo section. This week’s destination is the "A Tour through Game of Thrones Locations" through 15 photos. See a sample below, with options to view in 360 as well. Enjoy! 

ebowq9tjvyvu.jpg

Dubrovnik from Fort Lovrjenac, photo by Zeljko Soletic Dubrovnik.

View in 360 on Facebook
View in 360 on 360 Cities
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why is Castle Storm so much more expensive on the rift?

GenetixStudio
Superstar
I agree - The price feels a bit steep. Would have been a day one purchase for me at $15 - still thinking about it, might wait for a sale.

CrashFu
Consultant
Really curious about that Chernobyl VR;  sounds like urban exploration, minus the real-world danger and illegality.  Or like Fallout / S.T.A.L.K.E.R., minus the getting shot at part?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Conan
Expert Protege
I wouldn't spend more than $5 on a mobile phone port

zboson
Superstar

CrashFu said:

Really curious about that Chernobyl VR;  sounds like urban exploration, minus the real-world danger and illegality.  Or like Fallout / S.T.A.L.K.E.R., minus the getting shot at part?

Chernobyl is awesome. I highly recommend it. It's not really a game but it's still really cool. The 3D exploration is perhaps the mostly realistic I have seen.  It's so real it almost feels like a 3D 360 film. Additionally, they have lots of 360 (but not 3D) drone films from the Chernobyl area.

LZoltowski
Champion
@CrashFu @zboson summed it perfectly, great educational experience, quite haunting and just gives you a sneak peak at the amazing potential for VR Documentaries. BBC are you listening?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

I keep hearing about Chernobyl VR.. now you've convince me, looks like a great addition to the library 

danknugz
Superstar
I love how they are trying to charge 15 dollars for basically a VR version of a Wikipedia page
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

LZoltowski
Champion
@danknugz  it is far from that, I doubt you can walk around the massive array antenna in full 3d, or the abandoned flats, hospitals etc (they used LIDAR 3d Data as well as some clever photgrametry to make those locations photo real yet free roaming"). The interviews with scientists are great, the 360 video portions are a bit blurry though. The 360 photographs from within the buildings are quite immersive. Dont knock it till you tried it.

For the amount of man hours that took to make this $15 is a bargain.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂