cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.10.1 Release Notes (Dec 2nd)

cybereality
Grand Champion

Release 1.10.1

• Touch: Set up Touch using the Oculus app, either separately or together with Rift. Find Tutorials at any time in your Oculus Library.

• Guardian System: Lets you see when you're near the boundaries of the play area you've mapped out.

• Touch: Experimental support for 2-sensor 360º and 3-sensor roomscale configurations.
    Additional sensor purchase required for roomscale configuration.
    When using an additional sensor, an additional available USB 2.0 or higher port is required.
    Detailed setup guide at ocul.us/360support

• Oculus Store: See over 50 new apps and games supporting Touch.

• Oculus Avatars: Create a customized avatar you can use throughout VR, including selected apps, games, and experiences.

• Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancement, and bug fixes.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
56 REPLIES 56

YoLolo69
Trustee
Yeah, that's cool, I just checked the Guide, good job, can't wait to get my Touch! 🙂

Thanks Oculus Team!

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Charge
Explorer
So... not 4 sensor configurations?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I should mention the update only started going out today (to a small portion of users). It will ramp up to everyone over the next 24 - 48 hours. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Calibos
Heroic Explorer
I've got the update....and not only do I not see the apps in the Store or on the desktop Window but First Contact and the Touch Tutorial are gone from the bottom of my Library tab in the desktop window???

Do the only re-appear when we connect our Touches and run setup again?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome update and thanks for posting the notes!

Im interested to hear more about the "Experimental support for 2-sensor 360º" is that Oculus supporting opposite corner set ups? Edit: sorry just saw the doc! been a long 12 hour day at work  😛

TylerDurden
Explorer

Calibos said:

I've got the update....and not only do I not see the apps in the Store or on the desktop Window but First Contact and the Touch Tutorial are gone from the bottom of my Library tab in the desktop window???

Do the only re-appear when we connect our Touches and run setup again?

The same happened to me. I have lost First Contact and the Touch Tutorial and  i don't see the new apps.

My version number in 'Settings'->'General' is 1.10.1.315586 (1.10.1.315393)

Triq
Explorer
I just tried to open Home and it just crashes. Attempting a repair now. I'm hoping it's just a coincidence. 

spaztwitch
Explorer
Oculus App Version 1.10.1.315586 (1.10.1.315393)

It crashes when I put the headset on. I have re-installed the Oculus software just now, and the problem has persisted. The display will show me a single frozen frame of either the loading spinner, or the grey room if I'm trying to start it in an app. This frame will not respond to head movement, nor be interactive. Within about 1 second, it will go to black, and the LED in the headset will show amber. The Oculus home software will have crashed as well, and it restarts shortly thereafter.

cybereality
Grand Champion
First Contact and Touch Tutorial will appear in the Library after you connect your Touch controller and finish the setup. Nothing to worry about.

If you are having crashing, can you please upload your log files?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...