cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

aiaustin
Expert Protege
UK, 613000026XXXXX, confirmation e-mail was received at 08:09am on launch day but its content did not mention a delivery estimate. Not heard anything since.  I have not seen any "1-3 week e-mail" to date.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exacltly same here, France, 613000026XXXXX no news since confirmation email.
I'm still hoping for some good news today though 😉

AHeckman
Expert Protege
they are about to miss Q1 shipping date they promised, and we are about to be subject to a whole new wave of "ball park" jokes, hell i might toss in a few myself just for good measure. 

AHeckman
Expert Protege

All the time Oculus say nothing, there's less chance of people cancelling and either waiting for retail or pre-ordering the Vive.

Be honest, if Oculus announced all pre-orders were running a month or more late, how many would jump ship?

Speculation again, but with zero communication from Oculus, we're left with little else.

if my order doesnt ship for a month, and there is no word what so ever not only will I cancel my order, I will never purchase a product that has to do with Oculus again and ensure that I speak of how bad their customer service is to every one I can.

Yes this is a product I want, but it is not something I need, and will not pay a company to treat me like crap.  Combine that with things like the Vive, and OSVR and I don't HAVE to deal with Oculus for VR.  I chose to because I like their product, but their service leaves a lot to be desired. 

Lemming1970
Rising Star
I'm a 24XXXXXXX, not heard anything. Chill people, we have waited YEARS for this, a few days won't kill us.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

CBG_Russ
Explorer
I'm a 26XXXXX in the UK and managed to get my order in within 4 minutes. I HAVE received the 1 - 3 week email but nothing since. I am fine with waiting a week or so but its the not knowing that is getting to me.

Meredith2u
Explorer
27 here and Nothing, still waiting, I'm sad.

thhrash
Explorer
So I set up myUPS and checked this morning and I had an email about shipping.  Seems a 12.4 pound package left IL for a Thursday delivery weighing 12.4 pounds.  Since I have no other items I have ordered this must be it!  Pre-order 27'r from 6 minutes after in Oregon.

I did get the 1 - 3 week delivery email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thhrash said:

So I set up myUPS and checked this morning and I had an email about shipping.  Seems a 12.4 pound package left IL for a Thursday delivery weighing 12.4 pounds.  Since I have no other items I have ordered this must be it!  Pre-order 27'r from 6 minutes after in Oregon.

You could well be right. According to Reddit, the package weighs 'around' 15lbs, so 12.4 could be close enough 🙂

Fingers crossed for you! (I"m assuming you're a kickstarter?)

CBG_Russ
Explorer

thhrash said:

Have you been charged yet?