cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

thhrash
Explorer
No charge yet which is strange.  But I have not ordered anything.  Hope it is not a false alarm!

Anonymous
Not applicable

AHeckman said:

if my order doesnt ship for a month, and there is no word what so ever not only will I cancel my order, I will never purchase a product that has to do with Oculus again and ensure that I speak of how bad their customer service is to every one I can.

Yes this is a product I want, but it is not something I need, and will not pay a company to treat me like crap.  Combine that with things like the Vive, and OSVR and I don't HAVE to deal with Oculus for VR.  I chose to because I like their product, but their service leaves a lot to be desired. 

I think this is going to be a big problem for Oculus. It's not just on here that people are getting more and more annoyed, it's on Reddit too (and other places as well, I believe, although I only check here and Reddit).

The more people who get pissed off, the more who are going to cancel. And, fanboys aside, of those who don't cancel, how many are going to buy from Oculus again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

thhrash said:

No charge yet which is strange.  But I have not ordered anything.  Hope it is not a false alarm!

You're not a kickstarter then? That's bloody encouraging! This is probably a stupid question, but have you checked your order page/bank account since you received the UPS notification?

EliteSPA
Superstar
Really this silence start to piss me off too, Ive been very patience but this is a joke right?
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

thhrash
Explorer

notsram said:

thhrash said:

You're not a kickstarter then? That's bloody encouraging! This is probably a stupid question, but have you checked your order page/bank account since you received the UPS notification?

Yes, it has not changed, but I was mistaken and this isn't the rift.  False alarm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thhrash said:

notsram said:

thhrash said:

Yes, it has not changed, but I was mistaken and this isn't the rift.  False alarm.

Damn. Oh well, at least you cleared it up quickly 🙂

Powerboy
Protege
Only 26 number got email or im wrong?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, 26 and no 1-3 weeks email.

Psyclone71
Explorer
Please can anyone confirm where the Oculus distribution center is located? I live in the UK and would love to know if it is being posted from a European distribution center or from the USA? 

I only ask as the 1-3 week email which was received states it is from the Oculus Team Ireland....

If they come direct from the USA this will be a further 1 or 2 week delay during transit.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can anyone confirm where the Oculus distribution center is located? I live in the UK and would love to know if it is being posted from a European distribution center or from the USA? 

I only ask as the 1-3 week email which was received states it is from the Oculus Team Ireland....

If they come direct from the USA this will be a further 1 or 2 week delay during transit.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure. I'm in the UK too, and initially thought it was coming from Ireland, but apparently, the Ireland address is only for tax purposes and they're not shipping from there.

A few people on reddit have said that the UK Rifts are already in the UK and are shipping from there (presumably on next day delivery), but I've not seen any actual confirmation of this.