cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectre's Kickstarter is live now!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We just launched Spectre's Kickstarter campaign! At midnight, we streamed our live premier of Spectre's multiplayer with Cymatic Bruce and Vaecon! Check out the video premier.

With today's launch, we're revealing our unique backer rewards. True to VR spirit, Spectre's rewards focus on putting players directly into the game. Backers can choose to have their photo displayed in the game. You can also have your likeness hand painted as a dynamically changing portrait, which phases from normal to demented as players look away. You can even have a clip of yourself animated into a crystal ball, which will stare and shout at players as they pass by. Backers will be able to play Spectre first with the multiplayer beta that will be distributed shortly after the kickstarter ends!

Today, we've also revealed our collaboration with Hollywood creatures artist, Fabrizio Bortolussi, who has created concept art of the Spectres models he is creating for you to play as! Fabrizio's works have been featured in such titles as the Silent Hill movie saga, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and District 9! We're excited to be working with him, and his creations bring a whole new level of terror to Spectre.

Take a look at some of Spectre's concept art:

We're thrilled to have the opportunity to make our dream a reality on Kickstarter, but we can't do it without you! We hope that you'll back us and spread word of the kickstarter!

Thanks for your support!
16 REPLIES 16

sutekiB
Honored Guest
Backed it! 😄 Looks good.

Lane
Honored Guest

cybereality
Grand Champion
I think I'm too much of a wuss to play this.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

sutekiB
Honored Guest
Ha, I agree their artist Fabrizio Bortolussi is pretty good. He's worked on the Silent Hill movie saga, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and District 9.

Still, you'll always find scarier things in real life.

Anonymous
Not applicable
sutekiB, that picture was actually Fabrizio's inspiration.

Not really, but he tells me he was going for the "Aaron Sims's" type of design for that concept art, which is really cinematic.

Thanks for your support so far, guys! in less than 24 hours, we've already raise over $2500. That's 17% of our funding on day 1! Let's keep up the momentum! We have a ton of new content planned to share for the next week alone. I'll be updating this thread as news drops.

LouisArrigoni
Honored Guest
Hey everyone, Road to VR has put together an awesome article covering the Spectre kickstarter and some info about our team. I was also recently interviewed by the guys over at VRFocus, see me talk about the development process of Spectre and how we are designing our horror game to fit multiplayer and VR.

Just 3 days in and we’re 25% funded! Thank you all for your support, don't forget to keep sharing and posting about Spectre wherever you can! The bigger community we can raise, the more terrifying an experience we can build together.

Louis Arrigoni | Game Design and Audio Engineering

cybereality
Grand Champion
I backed it. Good luck.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

KrixusParabellu
Explorer
why, oh god WHY SO MANY HORROR GAMES ON THE RIFT? :mrgreen:
some of us can't handle getting shoved tortured screaming banshees straight into our eyeballs, it's just not natural ^^
When I tried the dungeon one with that f*cking gargoyle creeping out behind me I almost crapped my pants
Good luck with the kickstarter though, hope it makes it! 😉

TheArcheaon
Honored Guest
"rpanderson" wrote:

We just launched Spectre's Kickstarter campaign! At midnight, we streamed our live premier of Spectre's multiplayer with Cymatic Bruce and Vaecon! Check out the video premier.

With today's launch, we're revealing our unique backer rewards. True to VR spirit, Spectre's rewards focus on putting players directly into the game. Backers can choose to have their photo displayed in the game. You can also have your likeness hand painted as a dynamically changing portrait, which phases from normal to demented as players look away. You can even have a clip of yourself animated into a crystal ball, which will stare and shout at players as they pass by. Backers will be able to play Spectre first with the multiplayer beta that will be distributed shortly after the kickstarter ends!

Today, we've also revealed our collaboration with Hollywood creatures artist, Fabrizio Bortolussi, who has created concept art of the Spectres models he is creating for you to play as! Fabrizio's works have been featured in such titles as the Silent Hill movie saga, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and District 9! We're excited to be working with him, and his creations bring a whole new level of terror to Spectre.

Take a look at some of Spectre's concept art:

We're thrilled to have the opportunity to make our dream a reality on Kickstarter, but we can't do it without you! We hope that you'll back us and spread word of the kickstarter!

Thanks for your support!

You might be seeing me and my RIFT in the mansion 🙂 I'm planning on backing the big package for $100 (the game looks really good and the gameplay sounds amazing) going to be waiting until we get some official gameplay before I back though :S
VR Pilot!