Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

3rd grade Oculus VRScience Fair Project

For her 3rd grade Science Fair, my daughter built a diorama of Titans in Space playing inside an Oculus Rift. All of the kids got to view her creation and then wear the Oculus and experience the program first hand. Needless to say, her project was a ...

To wait or not To wait

I have been on the fence about the gen 2 dev kit.I really want to play with the 1080 res per eye and the new positioning but i already have gen 1 and I am debating if i should wait for the commercial version or snatch up the latest dev kit.With that ...

rkuhnjr by Honored Guest
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

This is how Facebook will make their 2 billion back

AND THEN SOME !!!!http://www.shareholder.com/visitors/event/build3/stage/stage.cfm?mediaid=63723&mediauserid=0Above is the link to the conference call regarding the acquisition of Oculus VR. On the call are Brendan Iribe( OculusVR) and Mark Zuckerber...

RAWMAN13 by Honored Guest
  • 63 replies
  • 0 kudos

What kind of R&D Oculus had the possibility of doing?

I am a bit clueless about this, maybe someone with this kind of experience can provide some hints on what Oculus had the possibility of doing before facebook acquisition and now (after the acquisition).Were they able to ask for customized LCD prototy...

densohax by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

FB to OR fans and haters

link In the near future... (smartphone won't let me copy link...) It is official! The Oculus Rift will bear Facebook's insignia; however, it hasn't been made clear if facebook intends to carry on with their idea of a facebook paint job for the Oculus...

Is DK2 in fact already surpassed?

No polemic intent in this question: Palmer stated that now, after Facebook deal, new custom hardware will be available and the entire process that roads to CV1 will be more faster.Just wondering if in july we are going to develop with an Oculus devic...

poxa by Honored Guest
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Facebook shares fall -- $1.8Bn loss overnight

Facebook shares fall 7% overnight —Resulting in loss of $1.8Bn in market capitalisation:So hope Brendan | Spark | Matrix | Andreessen are happyjerking -off with their new found wealth. You guys managedto decimate your most ardent, passionate develope...

ctankep by Honored Guest
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Standardised Avatars.

Just a quick thought that crossed my mind. Perhaps there's already a thread on this as it's not particularly insightful or clever.Does anyone think that Oculus (or perhaps Valve) should come out with an avatar creator app so that consumers can create...

ash55 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

i'm disgusted by the community

So Oculus are now pretty much guaranteed to bring VR to the masses, and the first thing that everyone does? jump on the "we hate Facebook" bandwagon. you arrogant pricks, seriously, even notch has just cancelled his plans for an official VR compatibl...

jokamo by Honored Guest
  • 85 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sync 2 cameras via "sync cable" and have 360° pos. tracking?

You see there's a 3.5mm TRS jack connector alongside the mini-USB port on the camera, and there's a "sync cable" included with the DK2.Do you think we can have two cameras, facing each other, tracking one DK2, in order to have full 360° positional tr...

Crespo80 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imagine this game on the Oculus:

Now that Oculus VR has some capital and the programmer god: Carmack.They should buy some IP!Imagine:Starsiege: Tribesor BattlezoneBoth likely dirt cheap and have a big big fan base in the prime age range of 30+ can you think of any other IP's ripe fo...

WerTicus by Honored Guest
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

palmer says.....

[–]palmerluckey 79 points 1 hour agoCV1 will meet or exceed the quality of Valve's demofrom reddit

Why do we have to wait until july for DK2 ?

Hi everyone !i ' m a bit impatient  and just want to know why it takes 4months before shipping first dk2...Thank you, i love you all, oculus, guys on forum, VR, Sony, the Forest...

meltbelt by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dutch TV-show host tries out the Oculus Rift!

Matthijs van Nieuwkerk tries out the Oculus Rift by riding one of our rollercoasters.The video says it all  * video in Dutch, watch the English subtitled version here--- #PoweredByArchiVision -> Download our rollercoasters

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zuckerberg buying Oculus VR

Guys, this is really huge: Facebook is buying Oculus:http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/25/5547456/facebook-buying-oculus-for-2-billionI am really surprised by this new, since it is quite a different market (or not?).Anyway, huge CONGRATS to the Oculus T...

• 396 replies
  • 0 kudos

Something not Facebook Related :-) Lunar Flight

Hi All We have just put up a new review of Lunar Lander on youtube. If you want to see the game score go to http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com/GAME-detail/lunar-flight-virtual-reality-review/Please let us know your thoughts below. Its been out a w...

WhelanWeb by Honored Guest
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thought for the day...

Amazingly the Oculus acquisition by Facebook and a discussion of VR was the subject of BBC Radio 4's 'Thought for the Day' slot this morning, which is heard by millions in the UK and beyond. Amazing to see how something we kickstarted has become so b...

Facebook going to help change final outcome? Help me decide

Previously , Palmer stated that DK2 will be the base for the final product meaning Consumer Version will only have slight ImprovementsBut since Facebook acquired Oculus and the fact they have a lot of money now will this statement hold true even now ...

Second Life creator on High Fidelity

So in all this facebook kerfluffle Second Life creator Philip Rosedale used the news buzz as an opportunity to make mention of his VR social platform High Fidelity. I found a video via venturebeat that showed a prototype experiment that seemed to uti...

Deleting negative Facebook comments? Really?

I could understand deleting some pure flaming comments, but I just saw 1 or 2 comments go bye-bye that had legitimate fears, as well as someones comment about these removals. I changed my opinion on the Facebook deal to a positive one, don't make me ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another one bailing the ship.

Well, thats it for me.If anyone wants to buy a pre facebook oculus set, let me know. Ill be heading in the other direction it seems.Facebook is not something i want to be mixed up in and do not intend to give anything to them.Good luck Oculus, you´ll...

Palmer's post over on ModRetro

Not sure if someone has already posted this, but Palmer posted this over on ModRetro:Thanks for the support, guys!We are going to be operating independently, and we can do a lot of things that were impossible before, like completely custom components...

treytech by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Made my mind up now.

After a day to calm down and think about it, I am still onboard. I am still going for the Dev2 and will support CV1 fully. However, I'll be very wary of what Facebook start to do as the technology matures, and if they appear to be doing what we fear,...

Top Solution Authors
Labels