cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.6.0.0 Interferes with Xsplit Gamecaster

vonFelty
Honored Guest
This is rather major...

Last night I saw that Technolust released a new demo for the DK2 which required a newer runtime.

So I installed it and everything worked fine with the game. Great game by the way.

However today I decided to stream some games using XSplit (https://www.xsplit.com/). However the application froze every time I ran it. So I fiddled around with it and uinstalled Xsplit and reinstalled it. However it did not work. Realizing the only thing I have done was installed the new runtime. I uninstalled it. Rebooted and Xsplit worked fine.

Weeeeellll..... This means that I cannot stream any Oculus Rift game on Twitch using XSplit.

If this is the case for everyone than no one can stream OR games on Twitch using Xsplit anymore. Since XSplit is much more capable than OBS this leaves a large problem.

I would suggest that Oculus install XSplit and try to figure out why the runtime doesn't work with it otherwise streamers won't be able to show case Oculus Rift games on Twitch anymore.
7 REPLIES 7

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, thanks for the feedback.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DeanOfTheDriver
Protege
I'm able to replicate what you're seeing here. I'll look into it further but apps like Xsplit tend to use hacks for game capture and they may not behave well with how we're doing rendering in 0.6. Watch this space over the next few weeks for progress. Thanks for letting us know!

vonFelty
Honored Guest
You're welcome. Thanks for looking into this!

DeanOfTheDriver
Protege
For what it's worth on my home machine I'm able to record vr apps using Xsplit just fine with 0.6.0. This is testing with XSplit Gamecaster v.2.2.1502.1751 downloaded this evening. I recorded a native 0.6.0 app and a legacy 0.4.4 app as well. Xsplit seemed to have some instability but it seemed centered around the hooks it was trying setup. Ultimately I was able to capture. I'm using a 0.6.0 public retail with Windows 7, AMD Radeon R290.

Are you current with XSplit as well?

vonFelty
Honored Guest
Yeah. I have the latest XSplit version. For the life of me I can't get it to work with Elite Dangerous. Xpslit loads but freezes when trying to stream with the runtime installed.

Also Crusader Kings 2 (a non OR game) refused to even start XSplit menu while the Oculus Runtime is loaded.

I am using a GTX 770 if that makes a difference with Windows 7 Home.

vonFelty
Honored Guest
Actually I did some experimentation. For whatever reason updating to 0.6.0.0 also kills my extended mode. The DK2 has a blue light like its on but the second monitor view is all black.

I reverted to 0.4.4.0.0 and not only did it resolve that issue but it also resolved the problem with Xsplit. So there is something new to 0.5.0.0 onwards that causes a problem with this.

Let me know if you need me to upload a DXDiag etc.

cybereality
Grand Champion
With 0.6 in Extended Mode, I found the DK2 screen to remain black sometimes. If you play a VR game, it should work though. To work around the black screen, try switching the position of the DK2 on the extended desktop (for example, make it on the left or right or whatever) and it should show up.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?