cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A consistent big stutter

SoulishNebula
Level 2

Hi all, so I have an odd issue.

When playing games through oculus store or oculus runtimes I will very often get a random stutter where the game completely freezes for about a second and a half, afterwards my headset tracking seems loose/really sensitive causing vertigo and I get some odd visual glitch that looks like screen tearing but as a big square patch on the screen and this really hurts my eyes, making games unplayable.

I know this isn't the games fault as after exiting the game, the problem consists in the oculus dash menus without anything running until I restart it.

Idk if there is a solution to this whole, random stutter issue, as I can clearly see the FPS is fine but this strange visual glitch that appears afterwards ruins it all.

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! That's not an experience we want to hear our customers have. We'd love to help.

Is this on the stand alone headset or connected to the PC? Are you using the Oculus Link? Can you please PM us so we can quickly help you?

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.