cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANOTHER STUTTER BUG FOUND! EVGA GRAPH WINDOW VISIBLE = FRAME DROPS.

FrostyBud777
Protege

EVGA GRAPH WINDOW VISIBLE ON DESKTOP CAUSES APPLICATION FRAME DROPS. 

I love monitoring software, Even 3 years ago with Rift, I was using evga software to monitor temps, fans, gpu usage, cpu temp, and memory usage. Well After working all night and today, doing about 15 fixeds for the stuttering or what I call Application Frame drops, which is the Main Symptom, I Just now found it. 
MAKE SURE YOUR DESKTOP IS CLEAR WHEN YOU ARE IN VR.... DONT OPEN STUFF. 

I tested and retested 3 times, If evga WINDOW is on and hardwar monitoring is on and the graphs are shown , I get constant App frame drops in perf. monitor in Debug tool. If I keep hardware monitor on, and even task manager perf mon on, but minimized them all, I get only 1 frame drop every 10 or so seconds, but if I keep them on my desktop visible, CONSTANT APPLICATION fFRAME DROPS AND STUTTER. 
This has plagued different games but this was tested in the new Phasmophobia I just bought. Much better! I will try to report any changes in future edits. 

I JUST NOW QUADRUPLE CHECKED THIS. I can have evga HWM on, but just cant have the GRAPH VISIBLE ON DESKTOP,  or else IT WILL EVER SECOND DROP A FRAME LIKE CLOCKWORK. Just minimuzing the graph , BOOM, fixed. Took me 12 hours to figure this out, did many other fixes, reinstalls, turning off all overlays, game bar, Will report more in future.
I can keep it on 

FrostyBud777_0-1645920061253.png

I ONLY HAVE TO  MINIMIZED THE GRAPH to have the every single second Application Frame Drop bug to stop. 

Minimize THIS WINDOW while in VR, then check application Frame Drop under debug performance. Notice only one frame now drop ever 30-40 seconds or so... Now Bring back the evga window onto desktop and is visible, Now Notice 1 frame drop each second...  .  Please others test this. 

FrostyBud777_1-1645920148880.png

I have a bad headache so please disregard all grammar mistakes, was working on this all day,, wanted to get it out there! 

Edit 1 : JUST HAVING THE EVGA GRAPH VISIBLE ON DESKTOP WITH HWM *OFF* STILL PRODUCES APPLICATION FRAME DROPS! 

0 REPLIES 0