cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account issues when renting a device (Meta Quest 2)

akiraooculus
Level 2

A friend of mine in Japan is developing a Meta Quest application. Since Meta Quest devices are not yet widely available in Japan, They are planning to rent out the devices so that an unspecified number of people can use them, but there is an account problem. As you know, you currently have to log in with your Meta account. There have been reports that this account bind will be resolved, but the timeline is not certain. Do you have any good ideas for this account problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

Every renter/user will need their own Meta and Facebook account (which will be linked) and access to a smartphone with the oculus phone app installed.  When renting is complete a factory reset should be done.  New renters will then go through the Q2 setup.  Pretty simple imho.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

Every renter/user will need their own Meta and Facebook account (which will be linked) and access to a smartphone with the oculus phone app installed.  When renting is complete a factory reset should be done.  New renters will then go through the Q2 setup.  Pretty simple imho.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Thank you for your kind advice!