cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber 1.24.1 will not launch on Oculus Rift CK1

DrunkLlamaXD
Explorer

I have played beat saber for quite some time, it has always worked fine for me but coming back to launch it today it will not boot on my Oculus Rift. It attempts to load but crashes out before the game opens every time. I have tried reinstalling the game and the app multiple times as well as disabling firewall as was suggested on another post but all of the support solutions I can find are referencing the quest 2. I have no mods installed or anything that should be preventing the game from working. Tried getting this to launch even once over three hours with no luck at all. 

My headset is the Oculus Rift CK1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DrunkLlamaXD
Explorer

Fixed!! Thanks a lot for your help and prompt replies 🙂 letting me know how to use the log gatherer was enough for me to figure this one out. 

For future reference, I found this in the event logs "Faulting application name: Beat Saber.exe, version: 2019.4.28.33174, time stamp: 0x60b1b8af
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2019.4.28.33174, time stamp: 0x60b1b9ff
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000466e0a
Faulting process ID: 0x3a4c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8d911afb91c22
Faulting application path: F:\VR\Software\hyperbolic-magnetism-beat-saber\Beat Saber.exe
Faulting module path: F:\VR\Software\hyperbolic-magnetism-beat-saber\UnityPlayer.dll
Report ID: 01f9bcbe-b3d3-4a45-ba82-df7a37017473
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: "

This led me to a support post that detailed the only fix that worked for them was to clear the registry keys in regedit from "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Hyperbolic Magnetism\Beat Saber" which worked for me! This may not work for everyone but the general consensus on this issue seems to be that this is the fix! Again thanks a lot for your help 😄 Have been trying to figure this out all day and wouldn't have gotten there without the support from you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @DrunkLlamaXD! We know you much rather be playing Beat Saber than troubleshooting why it won't launch. We want to assist you with getting the game to launch properly. We want to gather some more information so we can get a better understanding what's going on. 

Are you able to launch other apps within Oculus Home?

Are you receiving any type of error message or code?

Is the Windows account you're using an admin user?

We're looking forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DrunkLlamaXD
Explorer

Thanks for the prompt response, I very much would! 

- All other games seem to work fine for me, I have tried a few with no issue so far. 

- No errors or anything that i've seen, in oculus home it shows "Now loading" for 10-15 seconds and kicks me back to home each time. If I launch the app directly via the .exe I get a very quick crash popup just showing beat saber with an exclamation mark and closes itself.

- the account I am using on windows is the sole account on my PC and has full admin rights.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Spent another couple of hours on it today with no luck at all. Fully uninstalled everything and set it up as if it was a first time setup but still nothing unfortunately.

Thanks for getting back with us! It sounds like we're going to need to take a look at your Oculus logs to help us determine what could be causing this issue. Once you collect them, you will have to submit a support ticket with us here in order to upload it. We're looking forward to continue assisting you via email or chat! 

To gather Oculus logs:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DrunkLlamaXD
Explorer

Fixed!! Thanks a lot for your help and prompt replies 🙂 letting me know how to use the log gatherer was enough for me to figure this one out. 

For future reference, I found this in the event logs "Faulting application name: Beat Saber.exe, version: 2019.4.28.33174, time stamp: 0x60b1b8af
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2019.4.28.33174, time stamp: 0x60b1b9ff
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000466e0a
Faulting process ID: 0x3a4c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8d911afb91c22
Faulting application path: F:\VR\Software\hyperbolic-magnetism-beat-saber\Beat Saber.exe
Faulting module path: F:\VR\Software\hyperbolic-magnetism-beat-saber\UnityPlayer.dll
Report ID: 01f9bcbe-b3d3-4a45-ba82-df7a37017473
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: "

This led me to a support post that detailed the only fix that worked for them was to clear the registry keys in regedit from "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Hyperbolic Magnetism\Beat Saber" which worked for me! This may not work for everyone but the general consensus on this issue seems to be that this is the fix! Again thanks a lot for your help 😄 Have been trying to figure this out all day and wouldn't have gotten there without the support from you!

DrunkLlamaXD
Explorer

Just as a P.S. the Exception code is what I referenced to find this solution, here is a link to the post I worked from if it is helpful to you! https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/pqfc1s/beat_saber_launch_issue/