cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot loop, factory reset terror, no access to PC link because storage is full

Po0brain
Honored Guest

Sooooo wow. I started getting laggy, then, after a reset I received the ‘guardian keeps crashing” not allowing the initial startup. After researching, I found that my downloads, right before all this happened, probably filled up my storage and the device doesn’t have enough space to boot or start guardian. Hmmmmm could be it.. 

So, I try a factory reset. I get the error code and I’m not able to get to bios. 

then I read connecting via cable or air link might work. I plug it in, connect it to the pc and it won’t connect to the app.. 

I was able to access the app via mobile and see it connected. But, the only settings I can change is toggle dev mode on and off…

sooo wtf guys? You put a machine to market and don’t allocate a failsafe amount of storage to run the OS if it gets full? On top of that, you don’t allow any adjustments ti storage via mobile app? I’m not sure about pc link , BECAUSE I CANT CONNECT.  I’m stuck. Any ideas ?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Po0brain! This sounds like a sticky situation, so let's get you out of it! 

We do see that you've already tried Factory resetting but for some odd reason it didn't go through. We would like to double check and make sure that you've tried all the possibilities, here are a few different options on how to:

If you're able to, here is how to perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

How to factory reset your headset manually:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Whether your issue was resolved, or there's more work for us to do, we look forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!