cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new oculus no updates no store no nothing

idolthumbs
Explorer

I bought a brand new oculus yesterday, just my luck facebook goes down. Before that though I'm on the line with support trying to get my phone to detect the headset so i can use the mobile app (it was detected on start up but lost it somehow after headset updated).

After trying everything support asked me to factory reset the headset.

This is when facebook went down, since then I have not been able to access anything inside the headset without connecting it to oculus link on PC. the headset has no apps (maybe expected after reset) the store doesn't work, nor the browser no the explore option. The settings reports no updates available. I have tried resetting the device again but it doesn't help.

6 REPLIES 6

Flashparker
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue. I tried a factory reset yesterday and now I have no way of installing apps or accessing the store. I was wondering if I should try another reset but it sounds like that doesn't help. If anyone has any answers please chime in.

Flashparker
Honored Guest

An update: I just finished going through oculus support via chat. Ultimately he had me try another factory with no improvement. He ended up saying that he needed to look into this further and would get back to me via email. Fingers crossed that there's a solution soon.

With mine being new I'd had enough of going through support and brought it back to the shop for a replacement, if yours is still under warranty suggest doing the same. Even out of warranty this seems like an issue they should fix for you as you've been left with a brick through no fault of your own....

idolthumbs
Explorer

I have a new replacement from the shop - haven't had a chance to test it out yet, fingers crossed all will be well, will report here anyway

The problem was Facebook's infrastructure going down - not your headset. It froze most, if not all, of the Oculus Apps and services. It should be working again now 🙂

No it *bricked* not froze my device - i don't know if there was an edge case of circumstances but i've replaced it with a new one that works fine - my one did not work anymore after the blip...