cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I STILL use the ORIGINAL RIFT???

Cameraguy320
Protege

I have an original RIFT (not RIFT S) with the sensors.  I have not used it in over three years and just purchased a new computer..  It is worth setting this up or should I just get a Quest??   I am fine with the cable and don't need wireless

3 REPLIES 3

kojack
MVP
MVP

The CV1 Rift is still very usable.

I've got every Oculus headset and the original Rift is my favourite to use right now, it still runs great.

Although the Quest 2 does give you advantages like much higher resolution and the ability to run wireless.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

For you I wrote this 😉

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Rift-S-and-Rift/The-quot-Why-I-Still-Love-My-Oculus-Rift-CV1-i...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Just wondering if you have some current favorite Rift CV1 games and apps? 

If I should try to think of the same, some of my favorite Rift CV1 games and apps are - and these are games and apps I only play using Rift CV1 (instead of the Index, even though I could use the Index):

Asgard's Wrath - just looks and play so much better with the CV1 - lcd has bad blacks and very blurry TAA.

Phantom: Covert Ops - really needs the CV1 oled, lcd is way too bright and destroys the game.

Medal of Honor - Rift CV1 SDE makes many lower-res textures look much more high-res - Index lets you see all shortcomings. 

Robinson The Journey - looks AWESOME with Rift CV1, but looks like garbage with lcd. The Oculus Store version no longer works, but the Steam version works with native Oculus drivers. 

Into The Radius - textures look perfect with Rift CV1 SDE, but looks like garbage with lcd showing you all faults. 

Actually I could make that list much longer, but let's stop here for now 🤓

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"